PDA

View Full Version : Raan Thai

Greg / Pairin
3rd Feb 2009, 09:34
I don't know if anyone has come across or recommended this firm on the forum but I thought I would as there must be other people like me who are miles away from a Thai supermarket

http://www.raanthai.co.uk

I stumbled across this site on Sunday night as my normal source for Thai groceries was out of stock of the things I wanted.
They seem to have a good range and were cheaper than the other website I have been using of late.
Ordered Sunday night and arrived 8.30am Tuesday which cost me £5.95 for 30kg which I thought was very fair.

We will be using them again for sure in the near future as I am setting up a trade account with them.

Roland
3rd Feb 2009, 10:02
They aso used to run a Van shop into Crewe every week and every other week to Newcastle under Lyme, good selection of frozen and fresh Thai produce, they have stopped this service since the warehouse and online service has taken of.

We have been 4 or 5 times to there warehouse, as before, they have wide selection of all area's of Thai and other Asian produce and products and prices seem fair.

Roland, Yao and Dae

Lee
3rd Feb 2009, 10:08
Raan Thai is our nearest Thai store.
We visit a few times a year, mainly when we don't have the time for visiting Manchester or Liverpool.

They have a very good selection.

The proprietors Mark & Aet are forum members.

Regards
Lee

Merseymike
3rd Feb 2009, 11:17
My missus has used the online ordering on a number of occasions as although we only live ten miles away from the shop, it has been cheaper to pay the delivery charge than fork out for petrol and the Murkey tunnel. An additional complication was that when the missus drove there by herself, she missed the junction off the motorway, and only thought to phone me when she encountered road signs that read "Croeso y Cymru".

Anyway, I note that there is now a minimum order of £30 and the delivery charge has been increased to £5.95. This by itself is still quite reasonable, but we are still awaiting the delivery of our last order, placed on 28 January. To be fair, we have received an e-mail saying that the vegetables we ordered were out of stock and that this was the cause of the delay, and a further one has been received today to say that the order has been dispatched, but if one were crying out for a plate of pad Thai, one would hardly wish to wait a week.

Undoubtedly we shall use the online facility again, but just hope that next time the stuff arrives a bit more sharpish. Some friends in Oxford have also used Raan Thai for online ordering and found that the overall cost was cheaper than if they'd gone to their local oriental supermarket.

Mal
25th Feb 2009, 11:30
My gf and i made an order from Raan Thai last week. We were both pleased with the selection of products and prices. Next day delivery too.

The funniest thing was watching Plum as she was looking through the website, and getting soooo exited at things she had not tasted for errr about 6 weeks ;)

Merangue
15th Apr 2009, 14:22
I am so lucky that this place is literally a mile from my home.

My wife will be happy too. :D