PDA

View Full Version : Villa / Apartment Rental

Zohak
13th Aug 2007, 07:17
Dear All,

Can anyone recommend Villa/Apartment rental companies in Thailand?

Been looking around and the prices quoted here are a joke, I know we should be able to get a lot cheaper in Thailand hence looking for Recs.

In terms of details, Looking for march/april probably 4 weeks, beach area but dont mind where. Must be able to sleep 4 adults min.

Any recs greatly appreciated, PM me if you do not want it posted publicy

Nick

ChelseaBill
25th Nov 2007, 12:33
Nick,

For Sukhumvit Soi 4 - 33, I recommend 'The Omni' which is pretty respectable (I lived there for 2yrs).

www.bangkok.com/omnitower (http://www.bangkok.com/omnitower)

www.omnitowerbangkok.com/ (http://www.omnitowerbangkok.com/)

The management company for the 'hotel side' is Singapore-based Ascott International. Rack rates and rates quoted are now a bit silly if you book directly. Eg. Studio goes for THB 1,800 per night.

However, if you book through Syncate (Email: syncate@syncate.com)

the rate comes down to THB 1,300. A good sized 2 bed serviced apartment would suit 4 guys. The owner of Syncate is looking for business as he rents out condos in The Omni. There are also 2 or 3 smaller 'management companies' in the lower level of the Omni also upto the same game so competition is somewhat fierce. Great for the expat in the know. Believe me, I was miffed when I found out the difference between the Ascott Rates and these other private ventures - for same floor plans in the same building!

Don't pay upfront. Pay on the day you arrive.

Bill

GTG
25th Nov 2007, 18:32
You must admit though, Bill, it's quite a walk to the beach! (Could jump on a moby to Larry's Dive though!)

ChelseaBill
26th Nov 2007, 03:43
Ah! Missed the point! (Getting senile!)

Thanks for keeping me honest!

:)

Zohak
26th Nov 2007, 10:41
Chelsea Bill,

Thanks for you responses. Welcome to the forum!!

Hope you enjoy it here!

duster
28th Nov 2007, 05:26
I like to use the classified ads in thai papers. They are advertising to locals so the prices are realistic. Got a studio pattaya for 4000 baht per month, a suite in Khon Kaen for 3200 and in Hua Hin got 3 bed condo for 12000 per month. Apartment off Ramkhamhaeng road for 3000 per month in BKK. My advice....dont pay tourists prices.