PDA

View Full Version : esol ok if you are in the eu

nigetingtong
18th Jul 2007, 05:56
my wife sat her intveiw today at the local college for her esol course when the lady called me in to tell me how much it would be 555 pounds :eek:because she is not from the eu and has not lived here for 3 years where as some one from the eu will only paye 229 pounds and this does not include the citizenship test
which work 1.28 for eu a lesson and 4.00 for non uethe total cost include all books and test

so i am going to look around first seem alot of monye

nigetingtong
18th Jul 2007, 05:56
my wife sat her intveiw today at the local college for her esol course when the lady called me in to tell me how much it would be 555 pounds :eek:because she is not from the eu and has not lived here for 3 years where as some one from the eu will only paye 229 pounds and this does not include the citizenship test
which work 1.28 for eu a lesson and 4.00 for non uethe total cost include all books and test

so i am going to look around first seem alot of monye

tiny
18th Jul 2007, 06:31
hi
if you take the esol corse with citerzin content you do not need to take the citizen test as the esol corse covers it it sounds like your collage give you a bit of duff info.
but you have to stess to the collage thats what you want.
so that will save you a bit with not doing that . this is a change in the law for visas , why collages are charing now.
but try over collages and see what they say, my wife has just done entry level 2 and passed her 3 exams and the collage have done the letter for my wife to do her british citizenship. hope this helps a little.. tiny :confused:

STA
18th Jul 2007, 07:28
my wife sat her intveiw today at the local college for her esol course when the lady called me in to tell me how much it would be 555 pounds because she is not from the eu and has not lived here for 3 years where as some one from the eu will only paye 229 pounds and this does not include the citizenship test

And I thought £195 was bad enough :eek:

jvc600
19th Jul 2007, 02:35
question for tiny.
my wifes got a letter. whats the wording of the letter your wife has been given.or any chance of posting it on here. as the adult learning centre my wife goes to has given her a bit of a vague letter ...........

tiny
19th Jul 2007, 04:34
hi jvc
it will be one of two. my wife ones says she passed her 3 exams of esol entry level two with citizen content . or there is another witch says she is doing the esol coures with citenzin content. either will do. but for british passport you have to pass entry level two for ilr you have to be on the corse...hope this helps a little.....tiny

Tobias
19th Jul 2007, 06:03
Originally posted by tiny:
... but for british passport you have to pass entry level two for ilr you have to be on the corse... I think there has been a bit of a misunderstanding here Tiny, for both ILR and/or Citizenship an applicant must have either have passed the Citizenship Test or attended and completed a combined ESOL/citizenship course.

In other words it is exactly the same requirement for ILR as it is for Citizenship and the British Passport.

upcountry
19th Jul 2007, 14:09
Am i right in believing that my wife who has passed level 2 Esol is currently studying to take the citizenship test seperately and passes will have no problem with her ILR??

KhunIanB-UK
19th Jul 2007, 17:08
Upcountry,

Regardless of ANY courses she takes, if she passes the citizenship test (and you have the money for the ILR Fee) she will have only the other, relevant documentation and criteria to meet (as has been the case before the test) to get ILR, passing the test does not guarantee ILR if the paper work/marriage/conditions are not in order (the only other change from when we got ILR is the FEE).

Good Luck!

However, if she has taken an ESOL with Citizenship course and has progressed up a grade or passed the course then you should be provided with a certificate and this means that you only need to meet all the other criteria and fees WITHOUT having to take the test, make sure you have the certificate though!.

More good luck!

Skippy
20th Jul 2007, 01:29
Am i right in believing that my wife who has passed level 2 Esol is currently studying to take the citizenship test seperately and passes will have no problem with her ILR??

Up C - get her to book the test soon as they have extended the version one test to 1st September 2007

- good luck , If I passed the test I am sure your wife can!!

Skippy