PDA

View Full Version : a guide on how to change the thai I D card after marriage in thailand

jvc600
25th Jul 2007, 08:40
hi all just thought i would post a simple guide to help others whos thai wifes or husbands need to change there thai id card to there married name after marriage in thailand. This can not be done in the UK at present, as I was told by the Thai Embassy in London.It must be done in Thailand!!! :sleep:

My wife has just a few months ago change her thai id after we have been married for two years!!
she didnt do it straight away because there wasnt a need to do so until now: it was due to expire soon. :crazy:

any way this is what your thai wife or husband needs to do, which is what my wife did::

take the following documents to the village amphur / ministry office where the house tabian ban is registered...

1. You will need the two full original marriage certificates with the english translations. :cool:
2. Your house registry (tabian ban).
3. Your exsisting Thai ID card.
4. Your fee of between 30 and 50 baht!!! :lol:
5. Your english husbands or wifes passport. They asked to see my passport. The reason I dont know. may be to confirm the ID of the english partner ......

You will then have to fill in a couple of forms and get a new photo taken. they will up date your house tabian ban at the same time . :banana:

Depending how busy they are you can either wait or go back in the afternoon to collect your new plastic Thai ID card :thumb:

well all hope this information is of use to some one . :jump:

best regards

jvc600
25th Jul 2007, 08:40
hi all just thought i would post a simple guide to help others whos thai wifes or husbands need to change there thai id card to there married name after marriage in thailand. This can not be done in the UK at present, as I was told by the Thai Embassy in London.It must be done in Thailand!!! :sleep:

My wife has just a few months ago change her thai id after we have been married for two years!!
she didnt do it straight away because there wasnt a need to do so until now: it was due to expire soon. :crazy:

any way this is what your thai wife or husband needs to do, which is what my wife did::

take the following documents to the village amphur / ministry office where the house tabian ban is registered...

1. You will need the two full original marriage certificates with the english translations. :cool:
2. Your house registry (tabian ban).
3. Your exsisting Thai ID card.
4. Your fee of between 30 and 50 baht!!! :lol:
5. Your english husbands or wifes passport. They asked to see my passport. The reason I dont know. may be to confirm the ID of the english partner ......

You will then have to fill in a couple of forms and get a new photo taken. they will up date your house tabian ban at the same time . :banana:

Depending how busy they are you can either wait or go back in the afternoon to collect your new plastic Thai ID card :thumb:

well all hope this information is of use to some one . :jump:

best regards

John
25th Jul 2007, 10:17
We got married at the Amphur in Phitsanulok. Immediately following the marriage registration Nat went to another counter in the Amphur to apply for a new Thai ID card in her newly-acquired surname. We certainly did not have English translations of the freshly-issued marriage certificates.

It took Nat longer to get the new ID card than for us to get married!

caller
25th Jul 2007, 12:13
We attempted to get ID's changed after the marriage in the amphur but gave up because of the queue. Ooy went back on her own after I returned to the UK.

Ooy only had to show the marriage certificate (why would the English version be needed?), house papers and her then current ID card.

Seems like it differs from place to place?

jvc600
26th Jul 2007, 06:33
well thats what they asked my wife for whilst i was with her my wife in february 2007. may be they just wanted to be difficult :mad:as they where busy at the time and didnt want to deal with us. :bah: we had the documents so they had to help. :thumb: :clap:
i have done this as guide only to help other people who might need the information.
if it differs from place to place that i can not comment on. http://thailand-uk.com/groupee_files/graemlins/hat.gif

ian allcock
19th Jun 2008, 09:08
We'll be doing the same in a few weeks time regarding new i.d card and updating tambien bahn at local amphur before going back to MOFA Bangkok for new passport.

I'm fully expecting to be asked for translation of marriage cert only this time English to Thai :rolleyes:

Will post back my experiences later with regard to i.d change and new biometric passport.

Hopefully plain sailing all the way but T.I.T ;)
so who knows !!!

Ian