PDA

View Full Version : Visit visa fee?

chocolate-eater
19th May 2008, 01:03
We are just about to apply for a visit visa and I just wanted to confirm the fee is 4225 baht in total as per

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/visafees.aspx

Can you pay this in cash or do you need a draft as I see mention of surcharge not applying for draft but can not see surcharge.

I thought it was more last year and there were additonal VFS fees.

And does this include the fingerprinting and digital photos they take of you?

Also is the above just a simple process when you take the application?

Cheers

Derren

chocolate-eater
19th May 2008, 01:03
We are just about to apply for a visit visa and I just wanted to confirm the fee is 4225 baht in total as per

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/visafees.aspx

Can you pay this in cash or do you need a draft as I see mention of surcharge not applying for draft but can not see surcharge.

I thought it was more last year and there were additonal VFS fees.

And does this include the fingerprinting and digital photos they take of you?

Also is the above just a simple process when you take the application?

Cheers

Derren

richardb
19th May 2008, 06:46
When Sea did hers a few months ago she had to get a draft . I recall there were plenty of people hanging around who could do you one for a hundred Baht or so but she walked to a bank and got one saving 50 Baht or something.

I can not remember what the fee was but it was all inclusive.

Richard

spider0064
20th May 2008, 13:35
Hi,

I have just been informed that we paid 4550 bht last month at the application centre.
I paid this in cash and included an additional fee for the service at the centre but you can go to the bank which is on the same road i believe, how far i,m not sure.

spider

maokaang
20th May 2008, 20:03
We are just about to apply for a visit visa and I just wanted to confirm the fee is 4225 Yes, the fee is £65 ... 65 * ฿65 = ฿4225
I have just been informed that we paid 4550 bht last month at the application centre. Same fee, £65, but they were using an exchange rate of ฿70 per £ at that time.

sevorg
24th May 2008, 03:11
I know that the visa fee can now only be paid by bankers draft, but usually we pay extra to have the passport returned by post. Does this mean you include it with the original draft or do we now have to have two drafts, one for the visa and one for the "delivery fee".
When you used to buy the draft at the counter you would say you wanted to be delivered and just hand over the total amount in one go.

Pauluk
24th May 2008, 07:51
Hi
we just done a settlement visa, got a draft from the bank in the same building as the uk visa centre and you can pay by baht for them to send your passport on, think our's was 400 baht,

paul