PDA

View Full Version : Pre-wedding application Spouse Visa

pieloum
22nd Jul 2008, 07:46
Hi All,

Further to our progress on the Spouse Visa. We visited VFS here in Bangkok, this morning to confirm that the VAF4 may be completed and submitted in advance of the wedding (with the date mentioned on the form) and the marriage cert supplied subsequently - as previously discussed here. The answer was unequivical - NOT POSSIBLE : for a spouse visa to be considered all docs must be supplied at time of application. Therefore it is necessary to wed in advance. This information was confirmed again by phone with a different member of staff (just in case!) Am I missing something here where you Guys seem to have been successful in doing this?

pieloum
22nd Jul 2008, 07:46
Hi All,

Further to our progress on the Spouse Visa. We visited VFS here in Bangkok, this morning to confirm that the VAF4 may be completed and submitted in advance of the wedding (with the date mentioned on the form) and the marriage cert supplied subsequently - as previously discussed here. The answer was unequivical - NOT POSSIBLE : for a spouse visa to be considered all docs must be supplied at time of application. Therefore it is necessary to wed in advance. This information was confirmed again by phone with a different member of staff (just in case!) Am I missing something here where you Guys seem to have been successful in doing this?

Tobias
22nd Jul 2008, 08:09
That sounds exactly right, the process has only recently changed. VFS are employed to administrate the visa application centre. Prior to this it was possible to do as you say, since the change in the application procedure it is no longer possible.

Before VFS, most applicants would be interviewed in person before the visa was granted. At that interview the applicant would produce all the supporting documentation that was not submitted with the application itself. Now, the majority of applications are considered on paper alone and interviews are now much less likely. As a consequence the method you hoped to adopt is no longer an available option.

pieloum
22nd Jul 2008, 21:23
Thanks Tobias,
This in itself is not a problem for us and at least it makes the form filling a little more straight forward! I have one question - in your view is an UK solicitor Attested photocopy of the photo page of my passport still the best way to satisfy the ECO with regards to the No photocopy rule requiremnts for the passport. I would also intend to use this for method other unavailale originals such as house deeds?

Cheers Mark

Flip
16th Jul 2011, 22:14
To the best of my knowledge (and this is certainly what I did), it is perfectly acceptable for documents and passports etc. to be self certified. I am curious to know what you mean by 'the no photocopy rule' - not something I've heard of before. On both settlement visa applications (married twice) a scan of my passport has been supplied without question.

colin244
17th Jul 2011, 01:18
Err 2008 Flip.

colin 244

Flip
17th Jul 2011, 03:01
My wife's visa application was made in 2010 Colin.

maokaang
17th Jul 2011, 09:07
Colin is referring to the date of the thread you were replying to Phil - July 2008.

Flip
17th Jul 2011, 16:42
:lol::lol::lol: God knows how I arrived at that thread!

Frogster1953
17th Jul 2011, 16:53
Flip, if you are going to live in the past..... at least chose a good year :D for me it would be the 70's :cool:

colin244
18th Jul 2011, 01:07
No worries Flip easily done ;)

colin 244