PDA

View Full Version : New member

Talon53
16th Nov 2008, 12:16
Hi all

I'm new to this forum and at the start of a relationship with a thai girl I've known for a year during my visits to Thailand but I've only been close to her since my last visit. She's a lovely girl and we are in constant contact via email SMS and telephone. I'll be seeing her and family again in March.
I'm really disheartened looking at the refusals for holiday visas to the UK though. I can't believe whats needed for someone from Thailand to visit the UK. Is this for real? I would love her to visit England one day with me but so sad reading the various members refusals.

David&Em
16th Nov 2008, 12:58
Hi Carl and welcome to the forum

Yes, there are many sad stories, but, often, these are because of poor preparation in requests, lack of understanding of what is required or past history of the visitor with the British Embassy that might not be known to the current sponsor.

There is lots of great advice on this website and plenty of members who are willing to share their experiences as well as try to point you in the right direction.

Procedures may have tightened up, but, with proper preparation there should be no reason why you cannot achieve the VV you seek.

I would recommend that you start early with studying what is needed, keep all records of calls, mails, etc that you can keep and encourage your gf to do the same. When the time comes, if there are any doubts, don't be afraid to post your concern clearly and very quickly you should get some good advice.

Agents can help you, but many, including ourselves, would advocate doing things yourselves. That may depend on the English capabilities of your gf, but using an agency does not necessarily improve your chances, but, sure as heck, it will reduce your bank balance!

Em had six VVs for UK before we got married and she handled all the requests herself. She even did the settlement visa and we got all without her having a single interview.

Good luck in your efforts.

Talon53
16th Nov 2008, 14:02
Thankyou very much for the reply.
On paper my relationship may not sound too good at the moment, it's early days. But the girl I know is someone I intend to marry. I'm 39 and she's 23... I can see this being a down point on a VV already! Unfortunetly I can only visit Thailand 5 weeks a year due to work. We have met three times in a year on my visits but I had been with someone else. On my last visit I was single, we both saw each other and well, the rest is history.
I think this is going to be a long road but we are both determind to see it through.

I feel so dejected when I see some of the problems though.

Is marriage something to do if a vv is refused, would this prove a comitment?

stevem
16th Nov 2008, 16:29
Hi Talon,and Welcome to the forum.

I sugest you do not get married just for the sake of getting a Visa.

And yes it is a long road, have been down it myself after meeting my Thai wife (now divorced) I applied for Tourist visa after 3 trips and only knowing her for 4 months.

It was refused and now looking back i can clearly see the reasons why.

I will be hopefully applying for a VV in the next couple of months for my new girl ( known her now for 14 months)

Davids advice is correct, Proof of relationship,contact/Proof of supporting her/ are the most important aspects.

Also it does help if she has land or house in her name and a job with proof of income/wage slips etc.

This gives the ECO a bit more insight as to who she is and builds up the charactor profile.

Some may say this is not important, but i think as much info about yourself and herself,history etc goes a long way with regard to the (no reason to return statement).

Best of luck to you .Stevem

Noi & Nick
17th Nov 2008, 11:35
Talon, please do not be discouraged by reports of refusals that you read on here and other forums. Remember that people very rarely post about an application unless they have a problem.

The Visa Statistics (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/statistics/) show that in Bangkok over 90% of applications, of all types, are successful.

The following may be useful in helping you to prepare.

Guidance - General information (INF 1) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf1generalinfo)

Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2pbsvisitors)

Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf3sponsors)

Chapter 10 - Visit entry requirements (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter10/)

UK Visa Application Centre in Bangkok (http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/)

Roberrrt
17th Nov 2008, 13:24
Remember that people very rarely post about an application unless they have a problem.

Which forum are you on ????
:lol:

richardb
18th Nov 2008, 06:47
Hi Carl,

Well Sea got a visitors visa after we had known each other nine months and she had left her job. She was trustworthy though and the visa section could see that without even needing to interview her.

Perk up a bit.

Richard

Talon53
22nd Nov 2008, 15:57
Hi Richard and thanks for the links Nick

It's true, I need to perk up a bit. I'm in love with a lovely woman who loves me. She has got a new job because of me and wants to come over here to visit and later marry. She is so genuine but looking at the whole thing on paper, our relationship looks pitiful. lots of SMS and telephone calls but how do you prove whats said? and what are SMS transcripts worth when they can be forged so easily. Photos are mostly of us out at night in a bar. I should perhaps grab a stranger to follow us around taking photos doing day-day stuff?
all this hassle for her to have a long holiday with me. the last thing she'd want to do is overstay. Another case of the minorty messing the whole thing up for us genuine lot.
Oh yeah... perk up ;)

Originally posted by richardb:
Hi Carl,

Well Sea got a visitors visa after we had known each other nine months and she had left her job. She was trustworthy though and the visa section could see that without even needing to interview her.

Perk up a bit.

Richard