PDA

View Full Version : name change for sv

tman
3rd Nov 2006, 00:07
Ya and I have just got married in Bangkok, and I was wondering if we have to change her I.D card and her passport to her married name before making the sv application?

tman
3rd Nov 2006, 00:07
Ya and I have just got married in Bangkok, and I was wondering if we have to change her I.D card and her passport to her married name before making the sv application?

Lucky
3rd Nov 2006, 00:30
It's up to you. You don't need to but it may may it a bit more convenient.

thongchai
3rd Nov 2006, 00:36
hi tman my wife adopted my name so we thougth it easier to change id card passport house book etc before we aplied ,weather this is a deffinate which has to be done i cant say, but we had time and thought it better to have all document in married name good luck ,and congratulations
how was the wedding :thumb:
cheers andy

ash
3rd Nov 2006, 00:44
If you have the time to make the changes its for the best, but in our case as we married in Switzerland Daengs ID card and Tabien Baan are both still in her maiden name.

Although her passport was endorsed to show her married name and all the subsequent visas are in her married name.

We plan to correct this on our next visit sometime in 2007 because its inconvenient but certainly not essential.

ash

Lucky
3rd Nov 2006, 01:40
Just for info. Changing the name in the passport is easy, just go to the MFA and they will endorse and stamp it. Getting another ID card still involves I believe a visit to her local Amphur. Although I did hear something about this changing if so I stand corrected.

Harvey at home
3rd Nov 2006, 05:35
Just gone through the name change thing apparently you still have to go to her local "council office Amphor" (As Numai had to trail all the way back to Lomsak to acheive this )Its a real ball ache unless you are local to BKK

Vinny
3rd Nov 2006, 08:49
Originally posted by Lucky:
Just for info. Changing the name in the passport is easy, just go to the MFA and they will endorse and stamp it. Getting another ID card still involves I believe a visit to her local Amphur. Although I did hear something about this changing if so I stand corrected.

See also What name should my wife use? (http://thailand-uk.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/65010002/m/59710677?r=178100349#178100349) and Instructions for applying for a New Thai Passport (Electronic Passport) (http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/replace_eng.html) (Remarks)

Chris Buck
3rd Nov 2006, 12:59
Originally posted by tman:
You don't have to but it will be better in the long run especially when you try to open a bank account in England for your wife.

colin244
3rd Nov 2006, 13:31
tman,
Congrats to you and Ya :clap:
colin 244 & Dao

Bryn&Mot
4th Nov 2006, 00:53
Nice one T,man :thumb:

tman
4th Nov 2006, 18:43
how was the wedding

The wedding was fine, just signing a few bits of paper and getting a certificate, we plane to have a village wedding next year when we have topped up our finances, and have a bit more time on our hands :).

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, it is appreciated very much.

Cheers Tman