PDA

View Full Version : Correct ILR form??

rokinik
10th Sep 2007, 06:08
Hi,

I'm a UK citizen and my wife is approaching end of FLR. Have downloaded what I think is the latest form (Form SET(M): Version 04/2007.

However my wife wants to be sure as the form states it's for :

Spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in
the UK.

We both think this doesn't sound quite right. I guess I am present and settled in the uk, but that's not exactly how I would refer to myself. AS we are going to LOS at Xmas, I just want to make sure I don't delay the postal process in October.
Anyone else found this wording slightly disconcerting?
It's probably just me?
thanks

Nick

rokinik
10th Sep 2007, 06:08
Hi,

I'm a UK citizen and my wife is approaching end of FLR. Have downloaded what I think is the latest form (Form SET(M): Version 04/2007.

However my wife wants to be sure as the form states it's for :

Spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in
the UK.

We both think this doesn't sound quite right. I guess I am present and settled in the uk, but that's not exactly how I would refer to myself. AS we are going to LOS at Xmas, I just want to make sure I don't delay the postal process in October.
Anyone else found this wording slightly disconcerting?
It's probably just me?
thanks

Nick

Vinny
10th Sep 2007, 06:20
Can you give more information?

How would you refer to yourself?
When and on what basis did your wife initially enter the UK?
When and on what basis did she obtain her FLR?

rokinik
10th Sep 2007, 06:30
I am a UK citizen (born here). My wife came under a fiance visa in June 05, we married in NOV 2005 and she obtained FLR as my spouse 2 days later by apppointment at Croydon.
As my spouse she will in late Oct apply for ILR.

thanks

Nick

Vinny
10th Sep 2007, 06:38
If you normally live in the UK, apart from holidays, then it is the correct form.

rokinik
10th Sep 2007, 06:59
ok many thanks.

-Keith-
10th Sep 2007, 08:09
Has your wife passed the Life in the UK test or obtained a college certificate for ESOL/Life in the UK combined ?

neung
11th Sep 2007, 11:36
yes!! she passed last week at first attempt!! there were quite a few people there that failed though. One thai with her mother-in-law and they were apparantly gutted. :(

John
11th Sep 2007, 11:43
Nick, what is the expiry date on your wife's current 2-year spouse visa, and if that visa was issued outside the UK, what date did she first enter the UK using that visa?

I confirm that SET(M) is the correct form to use, and yes, you are "present and settled in the UK".