PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Leeds area

Si and Tam
26th Jan 2008, 22:24
Anyone?,my ladys been here 4 days now and im looking for her to get thai interacxtion so she dosnt feel too alienated,shes spoke to a few in the street and exchanged numbers is there anyone who would like a meet up,chat etc who has a thai girl over here?

Si and Tam
26th Jan 2008, 22:24
Anyone?,my ladys been here 4 days now and im looking for her to get thai interacxtion so she dosnt feel too alienated,shes spoke to a few in the street and exchanged numbers is there anyone who would like a meet up,chat etc who has a thai girl over here?

tiger
27th Jan 2008, 06:51
Si, get her over to Jino's Thai Cafe in Headingley. Loads of Thai staff to talk to there. I've heard they're also planning a monthly karaoke/buffet night for Thais only in the near future! Their website - www.jinosthaicafe.co.uk (http://www.jinosthaicafe.co.uk)

Lucky
27th Jan 2008, 11:11
Si
I hope there are nearby members of this site near to you and you can meet up.
Just do not push too much and too early, your missus will find her feet in time and establish her own network.
Sadly I have seen major problems when the local "Thai" mafia pounce on a newbie and turn her from an angel to a harpie. Just because they are from the same country don't assume they are friends.
There are lots of good ones though and let her have time to make up her own mind.

michael001
27th Jan 2008, 14:45
i agree let her get her feet under the table first enjoy the time together. :angel:
when kanchana first came to the uk apart from visiting her family about once a month she was not interested in meeting/finding new friends for about 15 months.even now she she is happy to be at home (a non drinker... dislike card games) :argue:

Si and Tam
27th Jan 2008, 23:05
Lucky and others ,i totally understand your points,i just want her to be as happy as larry which ,at the moment she is,I know they do need thai interaction,she still talks to her friends back home i have a cheap number 1p per min so its no problem also msn,she met a lass in Sukhothai resteraunt in leeds who calls her since i made this post,myu friend knows a girl or 2 that work in mlapdancing bars now im not sure abpout that like u say some could try lead her astray

Si and Tam
27th Jan 2008, 23:06
Originally posted by tiger:
Si, get her over to Jino's Thai Cafe in Headingley. Loads of Thai staff to talk to there. I've heard they're also planning a monthly karaoke/buffet night for Thais only in the near future! Their website - www.jinosthaicafe.co.uk (http://www.jinosthaicafe.co.uk)
I know jinos its a regular haunt of mine and the main lady is from a town 30mile away from where shes from so maybe a bit in common,thanks for the heads up

tiger
28th Jan 2008, 00:45
Si, as you probably already know, the Thai community in (Leeds, especially Headingley) is a healthy mix of wives, contract workers, & Thai students, all from very different backgrounds & different areas of Thailand. The great thing is, they all get on really well together. Admittedly most social interaction does seem to revolve around the local restaurants, but this often leads to events, friendships etc. elsewhere.
OK so there are some Thais who like to 'live life to the full' but that's up to them! You're lady will have no problem working out who to hang out with & who to give a wide berth.
Thais are very sociable people by nature, even if it's just a chinwag & a meal with friends every now & again. In my opinion, you're doing the right thing trying to get her involved with the other Thais. Good luck.

Si and Tam
4th Feb 2008, 06:12
Update:

Took your advice tiger and Jinos are planning a thai only "thing" she has the ladys number from the headingley brach.

We popped into a thai mini mart in the merrion centre and she had a good chin wag with the lady beghind the counter whoi said "whenever youre bored at home come to the shop to have a chat" apparently a fair few do it nso its good for her,she also found a pappaya bowl that they use to mix the chillis etc(my nose isnt goi8ng to be to happy) she is sanook mak mak today infact everyday weve had a great time and a blessing in disguise is i broke my hand on holiday so ive been able to spend alot of time with her shes settling in nicely,next step marriage,we havnt set a date yet as i want to see if she adapts to like inn The UK.

once again thanks for all the advice thats been given