PDA

View Full Version : LifeintheUK CD?

Crockett10
13th Mar 2007, 07:43
Looking for help again!
Jai failed her Life in the uk test yesterday, we are gutted as she had put in a lot of work. Studied using the red sqirrel study guide and the website. Getting 24/24 all the time.
When she sat the test she said she hardly new any of the questions!!
I am looking for the cd i have seem peoplespeaking adout that has 64 tests, or any other cd / option that anyone knows of.

Dave & Jai

Crockett10
13th Mar 2007, 07:43
Looking for help again!
Jai failed her Life in the uk test yesterday, we are gutted as she had put in a lot of work. Studied using the red sqirrel study guide and the website. Getting 24/24 all the time.
When she sat the test she said she hardly new any of the questions!!
I am looking for the cd i have seem peoplespeaking adout that has 64 tests, or any other cd / option that anyone knows of.

Dave & Jai

colin wiggin
13th Mar 2007, 11:13
Try Life in The UK Test CD from Lancaster and Coul Publishing, got mine from e bay, great, e book, test quiz, 400 questions and answers. Mind you be aware the test changes from April this year, and the new book, second publication is available from 20.3.07

Andy22
13th Mar 2007, 12:58
Hi Dave and Jai

Sorry to here about not passing the test. Max passed the test last week after her fourth attempt. She was assessed 6 month ago at ESOL entry level 1/2. Max used the CD but only for first month for she was becoming dependant on the questions and answers on the CD. She was scoring 80% to 100% on all the tests on the CD but still failing the test. Max only started to progress and pass the test when she learnt the facts in the book and nothing else. I know this is very hard but it got us the result we needed.

Another thing to take into consideration there are potentially 400 questions they can ask you therefore, alot also relies on luck.

Max went every week for four weeks and on each occassion they changed about six questions every test.

Good luck

Kind regards

Andy 22

leekman
13th Mar 2007, 15:11
hi crochett10,sorry to here about jai failing the test.vi did the same failed first time and we bought this cd and she passed 14 days later http://www.britishcitizenship-test.co.uk/. good luck,,also on the cd chapters 2, 3, 4 are there to study.

Crockett10
14th Mar 2007, 15:01
Thanks for your support and help.
Just some more info that may be of interest to anyone. While at the test centre the guy told me that for three months after april you can still sit the old test, i assume they can give you the option. Then after that it will be a test on the new book but covering chapters 2,3,4,5 and 6.

Will try and track down one of the cd's mentioned, i know Jai is pretty reliant on the Q&A's but she has put in a lot of work and i want her keep the momentum going. We are expecting second child, due on 1st June and we sure ain't goingto have a lot of spare time!

Unfortunatly we are not near to a college for Jai to have been doing ESOL.

Once again thanks for your help Dave & Jai.