PDA

View Full Version : Overseas Thais voting registration

kohsamui
10th Nov 2007, 05:10
My wifes mother called in a panic the other day saying that if my wife doesnt register with the embassy her name will be removed from the tabien baan. My wife seems to think that if her name is removed then she will lose her right to land ownership because she no longer lives in Thailand.(?)

There is a link on the Thai Embassy website(Thai Election Abroad) explaining what is going on but i think it is just an announcement asking overseas Thais to register for voting, there are some forms to download and complete also. The explanation only seems to be in Thai, i cannot find the english version.

If anyone can shed any light on what this is all about it would be greatly appreciated.

kohsamui
10th Nov 2007, 05:10
My wifes mother called in a panic the other day saying that if my wife doesnt register with the embassy her name will be removed from the tabien baan. My wife seems to think that if her name is removed then she will lose her right to land ownership because she no longer lives in Thailand.(?)

There is a link on the Thai Embassy website(Thai Election Abroad) explaining what is going on but i think it is just an announcement asking overseas Thais to register for voting, there are some forms to download and complete also. The explanation only seems to be in Thai, i cannot find the english version.

If anyone can shed any light on what this is all about it would be greatly appreciated.