PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed for stepson, part two

Merc Fintail
3rd Sep 2007, 11:26
Hi Guys

Update on the visa for Min. Just to fill thoses in that dont know this thread. We decided to try and get Da`s son a visa to come to the uk while we were in LOS this time. My brother brought everything we needed from home and we submitted the application. The first thing to say is that the people at the VFS Regent house in BKK, they are hard work, tell you to call again after 1pm even though youre calling at 2.30pm! We called the embassy direct and they answer the phone straight away and give much more accurate info.
They have not refused but they have asked for an interview, asking us to bring more proof of contact. request are.
1. Visits by mother to you in thailand
2. frequency of communication (with evidence)
3. frequency and amount of money transfers.
4. role of natural father.
5. why your mother has not been your guardian for the last four years.
6. full explanation from mother on who has had responsibility for your day to day welfare since birth. Please ensure this is explicit and chronological...

Most of this we explained in the covering letter with the application. How much evidence can you show if you use phone cards and they dont show on your bill. we just sent a stack of cards.
the passport shows frequency of visits
Money transfers were all sent, from the uk to los, copies from both ends. What else could we send?

It seems petty. The one thing that we did not put in , was photos of our visits.We have them at home and can bring them to the interview.

Do you think that they would refuse? Da is going to fly back to LOS just for the interview, she is olso going to take her mother with her, plus any extra info we can gather. We want to order the ticket for her son but are affraid to do so. It all seems very unfair and very harsh.

Any addvice please..

One other point to make relating to my first thread on this subect..They were happy to accept E-statements from my bank printed at the internet cafe. Please do not hijack this thread with petty arguments..

Paul n Da

Merc Fintail
3rd Sep 2007, 11:26
Hi Guys

Update on the visa for Min. Just to fill thoses in that dont know this thread. We decided to try and get Da`s son a visa to come to the uk while we were in LOS this time. My brother brought everything we needed from home and we submitted the application. The first thing to say is that the people at the VFS Regent house in BKK, they are hard work, tell you to call again after 1pm even though youre calling at 2.30pm! We called the embassy direct and they answer the phone straight away and give much more accurate info.
They have not refused but they have asked for an interview, asking us to bring more proof of contact. request are.
1. Visits by mother to you in thailand
2. frequency of communication (with evidence)
3. frequency and amount of money transfers.
4. role of natural father.
5. why your mother has not been your guardian for the last four years.
6. full explanation from mother on who has had responsibility for your day to day welfare since birth. Please ensure this is explicit and chronological...

Most of this we explained in the covering letter with the application. How much evidence can you show if you use phone cards and they dont show on your bill. we just sent a stack of cards.
the passport shows frequency of visits
Money transfers were all sent, from the uk to los, copies from both ends. What else could we send?

It seems petty. The one thing that we did not put in , was photos of our visits.We have them at home and can bring them to the interview.

Do you think that they would refuse? Da is going to fly back to LOS just for the interview, she is olso going to take her mother with her, plus any extra info we can gather. We want to order the ticket for her son but are affraid to do so. It all seems very unfair and very harsh.

Any addvice please..

One other point to make relating to my first thread on this subect..They were happy to accept E-statements from my bank printed at the internet cafe. Please do not hijack this thread with petty arguments..

Paul n Da

Tobias
3rd Sep 2007, 11:57
Duplicate topic, this topic continues here (http://thailand-uk.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/74010002/m/3071049142?r=9841092942#9841092942).