PDA

View Full Version : Visa Application Centre - 2nd VV

JonMR
17th Apr 2007, 01:21
My GF will apply for her second VV soon, the last one was obtained from the Embassy in Bangkok.
Now that all applications are made at the Visa Application Centre can anyone tell me the opening hours? Also is it a similar situation as applying at the Embassy where you had to turn up hours before the opening time to make sure you were seen?
Thanks,
Jon.

JonMR
17th Apr 2007, 01:21
My GF will apply for her second VV soon, the last one was obtained from the Embassy in Bangkok.
Now that all applications are made at the Visa Application Centre can anyone tell me the opening hours? Also is it a similar situation as applying at the Embassy where you had to turn up hours before the opening time to make sure you were seen?
Thanks,
Jon.

packpao
17th Apr 2007, 01:27
Jon,

welcome to the forum.

Lots of useful information (including opening hours) can be found on the Visa Application Centre's website (http://www.ukvac-th.com/).

Good luck with the application.

Packpao

Noi & Nick
17th Apr 2007, 03:45
Originally posted by JonMR:
is it a similar situation as applying at the Embassy where you had to turn up hours before the opening time to make sure you were seen? No, they are open for longer hours, although anecdotal evidence suggests that you may have to queue if you get there before they open.

WARNING

There are visa touts operating in the same building as the VAC. They approach applicants and give the impression that they are official and will check the application prior to you submitting it. They always claim to find something wrong which they will 'fix' for a fee.

They are not connected with the VAC. No one at the VAC will ask to see your papers until you are inside their office. No one from the VAC will ask you for any payment except the visa fee and the handling charge. If the VAC staff find something wrong with an application then they will advise you to correct the error, supply the missing papers or whatever before they forward the application to the visa section at the embassy. I repeat, they will not demand any extra payment.

If approached by anyone outside the actual VAC office, avoid them. If asked for any money except the visa fee and handling charge, don't pay it.

JonMR
17th Apr 2007, 16:10
Thanks for the replies, it's made things clearer.

Jon.

JonMR
17th Apr 2007, 16:28
One further question.
On the Social Visitor Checklist item no. 10 it asks for evidence of any firm travel plans.
As the trip is dependant on the Visa being issued is there any problem if you don't supply this? I woluld be interested to hear how other people have got around this.
Thanks,
Jon.

Headers
18th Apr 2007, 01:58
see thread on flight info/visa from victor J

JonMR
18th Apr 2007, 05:29
Thanks,
Jon.

Noi & Nick
18th Apr 2007, 05:36
Originally posted by JonMR:
One further question.
On the Social Visitor Checklist item no. 10 it asks for evidence of any firm travel plans.
As the trip is dependant on the Visa being issued is there any problem if you don't supply this? I would be interested to hear how other people have got around this.
Thanks,
Jon. As the official advise from UK Visas is not to buy a ticket until the visa is issued, not having done so would not be a problem.

However, "evidence of any firm travel plans" does not mean confirmed flight tickets, rather what it literally says; plans for the trip.

In other words, they do expect to see some sort of itinerary. E.g. preferred dates of travel, where going to in the UK, who visiting, what you plan to do whilst there etc. She should put all this in a covering letter. If she does make a provisional booking then include this as well.

JonMR
23rd Apr 2007, 06:03
I have one further question.

As my Girlfriend will also be applying for a vistors visa for her son does she have to fill in a separate application (VAF1)for him or is it covered on her application.

May be me but it doesn't seem that clear.

i'd appreciate anybody's experience on this.

Thanks,

Jon.

JonMR
13th May 2007, 16:30
For reference a separate application form was required though the applications were submitted together & the same reference number was used (/01 & /02). Only 1 set of Sponsor's information, etc was required.
2 VV Fee's were required, no reduction for children (4 years old).
Only 1 problem they queried was the size of the photographs, they have a facility there to take photo's which costs 500 Baht (per person).
Both Visa's were granted, on their website Passports were available to be picked up 2 days after the application.
As we hadn't picked them up 4 days later they also gave us a courtesy phone call to tell us they were ready for us.

Jon.

N Barton
20th May 2007, 08:08
So Sorry for doing this again ie stealing someone elses thread. I cannot work out why but my laptop will not let me start new threads only reply to existing.
Anyway !!!
Now that Par has got her visa secured ie ILR granted, she would like a close friend of hers / ours to come and visit us, on a visit visa. Having read other threads on this subject i must admit that my gut feeling is that it will be virtually impossible. You see she has no land, no recognised job and therefore no reason to return. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers