PDA

View Full Version : Thaksin

Lucky
10th Jan 2007, 03:37
I see in the Nation that Thaksin's diplomatic passport is to be cancelled. Be interesting to read his next visa application to visit the UK :)

Lucky
10th Jan 2007, 03:37
I see in the Nation that Thaksin's diplomatic passport is to be cancelled. Be interesting to read his next visa application to visit the UK :)

SteveR
10th Jan 2007, 04:40
Why? I don't see much chance of him becoming an economic liability which is the bottom line in most visa refusals (he's also unlikely to start working illegally in a factory or selling sexual services from a small London flat either)

siamsteve
10th Jan 2007, 04:42
You Never know when the AEC has finished I doubt he will be one of asia's richest men

Lucky
10th Jan 2007, 08:25
Why? Because the bottom line is he was ousted basically for corruption. If the Thai government push for it he could easily end up facing criminal charges. also as a Thai national I believe he is supposed to apply for a UK visa in that country. How will he pass the reason to return issue?

Tobias
10th Jan 2007, 09:02
Originally posted by Lucky:
... I believe he is supposed to apply for a UK visa in that country. How will he pass the reason to return issue? Yes, he will need a visa, however there are many other options open to him other than a basic visit visa.

oldoldgit
10th Jan 2007, 11:35
A Knighthood maybe? He stopped going down to the Chippie after the Polonium-210 scare.

Lucky
10th Jan 2007, 12:14
I'm sure he will obtain a visa, money talks! But according to the report, Thai embassies have been instructed not to assist him. How will the UK government justify it if he is allowed to enter the UK given that he is not welcome in his own country. With the current pressure on them over UK entry which way will they jump? Political asylum? Does he even have a normal Thai passport and if he does what happens when it expires? Lots of questions here to be answered.

Roberrrt
14th Jan 2007, 16:05
The USA/CIA will take care of him. I think. Maybe. But what do I know :cool:

patcharin
20th Jan 2007, 13:03
As I heard China and some of European country give him free visa entry as VIP. What does it mean? China? he stayed over there for age as VIP guest but they never react to the Septembr 19 coup.

Apparently , the outside world doesn't support the installed govermnet after seizing the power for 4 months.