PDA

View Full Version : Wife's friend wants to visit the UK

midlander
14th Jul 2008, 11:14
A Good friend of my wife, who lives with her German husband in Frankfurt would like to visit us in September with their 18 month old daughter, she has lived there about 3 years.

She needs a letter of invitation from us for the visa application, as the wife of an EU citazen is this a formality? Do I need to provide specific information in this letter and should it be formulated as a sponsor letter?

Anybody done something like this before?
Suggestions please.

Thanks

Andy

midlander
14th Jul 2008, 11:14
A Good friend of my wife, who lives with her German husband in Frankfurt would like to visit us in September with their 18 month old daughter, she has lived there about 3 years.

She needs a letter of invitation from us for the visa application, as the wife of an EU citazen is this a formality? Do I need to provide specific information in this letter and should it be formulated as a sponsor letter?

Anybody done something like this before?
Suggestions please.

Thanks

Andy

ash
14th Jul 2008, 13:15

No she does not need an invite from you, she can apply for an EU family permit and that should be a formality. Assuming she will travel with her husband ? and that the marriage etc is legit.

ash

midlander
14th Jul 2008, 15:21
No she does not need an invite from you, she can apply for an EU family permit and that should be a formality. Assuming she will travel with her husband ? and that the marriage etc is legit.

Her husband cannot get any more time off so cannot come and yes the marriage is legitimate.

ash
15th Jul 2008, 00:34
If she wishes to travel independently then she has to get a visit visa and if the reason for the visit is to stay with you then she may need an invitation letter.

My wife has a long term visit visa(Currently 5 years) because we visit family and friends regularly as well as take holidays in the UK no one provided sponsorship etc.

Getting the visa was easy(I think now she might have to go for the fingerprinting bit) but from Germany they can use the on line application service.

ash