PDA

View Full Version : Visit Visa - what needs to be attested?

prioritypress
18th Aug 2008, 00:09
Just a quick one.

I'm off to Thailand tomorrow with a "not quite" ready visit visa application - will be completing it in LOS (got 3 weeks to finish it :D )

What documents do I need, as "sponsor" attested.

Does this need to be by a solicitor or can I just "sign" them?

Is it paspport, self-employed accounts?

I take it a mortgage statement will do for proof of accomodation?

Many thanks

Nick

iancanton
18th Aug 2008, 04:57
What documents do I need, as "sponsor" attested.

Does this need to be by a solicitor or can I just "sign" them?

Is it paspport, self-employed accounts?

I take it a mortgage statement will do for proof of accomodation?
someone said that the british embassy in bangkok accepts self-certified photocopies of british citizen's passports, though i had my photocopy certified for £5 by a london solicitor.

u will need a few months' bank statements as evidence that ur current personal expenditure is not too great in relation to ur current income.

a mortgage statement shows that u owe money to a bank or building society. i'm unsure whether it is evidence of ownership, but it certainly does not show that u live in the mortgaged property.

i used http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk/ to obtain a pdf copy of my property's title entry on the english land register, for evidence of ownership and price paid. the cost is £6 and the file is ready to print off almost as soon as u provide ur credit card details.

to show that u live in the property, i suggest a water bill or council tax bill in ur name. a mobile phone bill doesn't prove anything.

other than that of my passport, none of my photocopies will be certified by a solicitor (but my payslips will be originals).

ian. :)