PDA

View Full Version : inheritence tax

Linne
5th May 2007, 10:42
i,m in the throws of doing a will, no doubt i will end up with local solocitor. But just collecting a few thoughts on the matter. If i leave everything to a spouse, do she still get spouses excemption regardless of how she has been domiciled in this country. ?

Only i have heard that spouses need to uk domiciled for 17 years

Linne
5th May 2007, 10:42
i,m in the throws of doing a will, no doubt i will end up with local solocitor. But just collecting a few thoughts on the matter. If i leave everything to a spouse, do she still get spouses excemption regardless of how she has been domiciled in this country. ?

manfarang
5th May 2007, 11:51
Originally posted by the gardener:

Where did you hear that?

Linne
5th May 2007, 14:31
i was hoping someone would correct me, something i picked up on with one these websites advertising will writing services,

manfarang
6th May 2007, 00:29
You would be better off by going to a local solicitor, rather than trying to DIY. They should be able to quote a price for you, for what you want. If you think it's too much, just shop around. At least you wont be worrying if you get it done with them.

Kob
6th May 2007, 02:13
I Recently made out a will useing the services of WSI Ltd Willwriting Services London Based in Brentford High street, £135.00 for the will . they seem very good & come out to your house to arrange everything. They do try to sell an extra policy which allows you to change your will at any time for free & also includes a solicitor service that would help your wife ( when your Dead ) to organise everything. www.wsi-ltd.co.uk (http://www.wsi-ltd.co.uk).

Linne
6th May 2007, 03:08
KOB......... yes your right, maybe in the back of my mind i was trying to save a few bob, good link but unfortunately the link is a bit strange but no matter, i,ll give them a look,

Kob
6th May 2007, 03:22
Thank you the gardener and sorry about that, I think that wrong web but this is corect www.wsl-ltd.co.uk. (http://www.wsl-ltd.co.uk/Images/blue%20B.gif)

Kob
6th May 2007, 04:00
I think this is the right web page www.wsl-ltd.co.uk (http://www.wsl-ltd.co.uk) but as my premium membership has not yet been passed the link isnt working, just type in the web & you should be fine , its actually £95 for a single will & £135 for a double will.

Kob
6th May 2007, 04:03
Full stop at the end of the first link was wrong sorry, good luck.

Linne
6th May 2007, 04:24
got it, looks good

happyallen
6th May 2007, 04:45
I seem to recall my solicitor mentioning something about my wife’s domicile status in relation to my will and inheritance tax but I never got this clarified or defined.

Al

rolyshark
6th May 2007, 08:41
You'll probably find most solicitors will charge you less than the £95 quoted. I used to do mirror wills and an enduring power of attorney (now known as a lasting power of attorney since the enactment of the Mental Capacity Act) for that.

Vindaloobeast
7th May 2007, 01:04
No expert but I was in LOS talking to someone about tax efficient wills. Seems the way to go. Seek advice.

Beast.

Linne
7th May 2007, 06:34
Yes and thank you it would seem the best thing to do all things considered. It has started me thinking about a few other things, like health care costs in my old age. getting your teeth cheap is one thing but treatment for major illnesses are something else.