PDA

View Full Version : Finance and settlement visa

mightyzim
20th Mar 2007, 10:28
I lost my job mid december :-( and its taken me a few months to get a new one. Luckily I have quite a few liquid reserves but I did claim job seekers allowence.

Now if I sponsor my fiancee's settlement visa will it be refused on the basis that I couldn't support her or will they see that I had sufficient savings to cover our costs?

Should I wait 3 or 6 months to show my income on my bank statements?
cheers

mightyzim
20th Mar 2007, 10:28
I lost my job mid december :-( and its taken me a few months to get a new one. Luckily I have quite a few liquid reserves but I did claim job seekers allowence.

Now if I sponsor my fiancee's settlement visa will it be refused on the basis that I couldn't support her or will they see that I had sufficient savings to cover our costs?

Should I wait 3 or 6 months to show my income on my bank statements?
cheers

Nick1810
20th Mar 2007, 11:45
Hi Zim

I was in a similar position to you. I was made redundant in March 06 and took 6 months off to travel. I then got temp work from Sept and claimed Jobseekers while I was not working. Luckily I was temping when we applied for Fon's spouse SV and included a letter from the temp agency to prove this. I too had "liquid reserves" and showed eveidence of these. I also included my CV to show I was employable - which must have been ok as I am now in a permanent position! As long as you are working now and can get a letter from your employer to show that this is the case, then IMO you should have little problem convincing the ECO you can support your wife in the future.

Good luck with your application.

Nick