PDA

View Full Version : Thai comic books in England

Scotty
4th Jan 2007, 15:08
Does any-one know where to get Thai comic books as the sites I have been looking at do not have a large selection and the missus is starting to miss them the same way that I miss proper Bacon sandwiches whilst I am LOS.

Scotty
4th Jan 2007, 15:08
Does any-one know where to get Thai comic books as the sites I have been looking at do not have a large selection and the missus is starting to miss them the same way that I miss proper Bacon sandwiches whilst I am LOS.

YingThai
4th Jan 2007, 17:54
Hi Scotty,
Without sounding too much like I'm trying to promote our shop,but since before X'mas, we've been in the process of introducing a range of comic books although it's been a huge task for us to place all the available products online as we need to scan and upload each individual book, which is a very time-consuming thing. Many popular titles don't make it to the shelves. Hopefully, our online catalogue will be more stocked up. We are also looking for a bigger shop premises soon so shoppers can come and browse the books more at ease.

Most our books are ordered by our regulars over the phone and they get dispatched as soon as they come in. So, if your wife is looking for any particular genre or author, please feel free to call me, I'd be more than happy to advise her on the latest titles out each month. I'm a huge comic books fan myself, lol.
Another alternative would be to try and order directly from Thailand. Some publishing houses may be able to help you, although I'm not sure how much they charge for international delivery. Or perhaps she has relatives to send her some from Thailand?

Nat

Scotty
5th Jan 2007, 06:34
Many Thanks, I am going to try to pop down on a Sunday as your site says that you are open on Sunday's and have a look as paying shipping fees from Thailand seems a bit steep for a book that she will read in an hour.

Skippy
5th Jan 2007, 07:39
I think Muay's Shop at Earls Court have them as well

- Skippy

Scotty
5th Jan 2007, 07:58
Skippy what is the name of Muay's shop as a search has turned up a load Muay Thai schools but not Muay's shop in Earls Court !

YingThai
5th Jan 2007, 15:46
We are getting our comic books in on next Wednesday, about 50-70 new copies, so it's probably more worth your while to come when we're better stocked next weekend. At the moment, we have mostly novels and short stories.

Yes, I think Muay's shop and Sri Thai's shop sell them as well. They may be able to help you too.

Good luck with your hunt :-) I know it gets boring for many Thais over here in the bitter cold winter.

Skippy
8th Jan 2007, 05:02
Scotty - I think there is a Picture of the Shop (and helpful directions ) in the picture gallery of this site.

Maybe one of the MODS or somebody who is better with computers than me can fix a lnink?

- Skippy

Ivan
8th Jan 2007, 05:16
Also check out Ebay now and again for secondhand copies.

THere are a few sellers who sell recycle them through Ebay including myself.

They usully sell dirty cheap too !

Skippy
15th Jan 2007, 06:57
It's Hogarth Road

Earl's Court