PDA

View Full Version : Settlement Visa refusal

paul1994
16th Nov 2008, 09:31
My wife was refused a settlement visa I understand one of the main reasons was the marriage papers.

I sent with the visa application a copy of our marriage cerificate was this insufficient ?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

-Keith-
16th Nov 2008, 09:37
Post word for word the refusal notice and you will get loads of help. It's a bit hard to do without that info.

Regards

Gary & Nok
16th Nov 2008, 10:36
Originally posted by paul1994:
I sent with the visa application a copy of our marriage cerificate was this insufficient ?
I agree with what Paul has said but one reason may be the "copy" instead of the original!

pieloum
16th Nov 2008, 12:16
Sansanee and I were advised to have the original certificate (and supporting pages) translated, stamped by the Foreign ministry and submitted together with the originals. This seemed to satisfy without problems.

Cheers Mark

David&Em
16th Nov 2008, 13:02
Hi

Same for us. Have the marriage certificate translated into English. We had no problems.

Bryn&Mot
16th Nov 2008, 17:56
Post word for word the refusal notice and you will get loads of help. It's a bit hard to do without that info.

I agree with Keith.

Post the reasons for refusal and you will get the help you need

Noi & Nick
17th Nov 2008, 11:01
Paul, they do usually want original documents, however you say 'I understand one of the main reasons was the marriage papers' which indicates that there were other problems.

As already said, it is impossible to offer advice on what to do next without knowing the full reason for the refusal. If you can post what the refusal notice actually says then I'm sure people will be able to help.

paul1994
18th Nov 2008, 13:01
Thanks for all your advice I did not know there was such a thing as a "refusal statement" I have not been able to get this document but I did find out from someone who read it that there were a number of marriage documents missing which were required as well as a number of other missing documents. I have re-submited the application including all the missing documents and hope and pray this time the visa is given. My wife is my only family and being without her feels like a bereavement. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again Paul.

paul1994
5th Dec 2008, 13:53
Dear All,

I would like to up date you on the situation regarding our application, re-submission for a settlement visa for my wife, we re-submitted our application including missing and incomplete documents that were lacking in our first submission on the 17th November it has now been almost 3 weeks and we have not been informed that the visa application has been processed. We check on internet tracking of our application several times each day as of yet any advice regarding the up to date timescales at present for processing visa applications would be very helpful. Miss my wife very much.

Thanks

Paul

Paul.A
12th Dec 2008, 11:28
You would have been issued a refusal notice ?

paul1994
16th Dec 2008, 04:34
I am pleased to inform you that my wife has now been issued a settlement visa, thanks again for all your advice and a special thanks for Davies Khan Immigration Associates (http://thailand-uk.com/banner/rd.php?link=http://www.davieskhan.co.uk) for their help and support.

Paul

[MODERATOR EDIT (Tobias): Post edited to insert hyperlink]

Merseymike
16th Dec 2008, 12:26
Well done, Paul. All the best to you both.