PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee visa application successful

Dan and Cherry
31st May 2008, 14:17
Hi everyone.

Cherry was granted her visa without interview and in 3 days from the application. We read the uk visas website carefully and followed any advice that we found on here. Thanks for the help!

My advice to anyone is to include as much information as you can regardless of whether or not it is listed on the uk visa website. Also, always tell the truth! They only need to have a slight thought that you may not be telling the truth and the visa will be refused. Include anything financial, any pictures together, anything at all that shows a genuine relationship. I also got letters from my mum and my auntie in support. I think the one from my auntie may have been particularly useful as the letters OBE at the end of a name must carry some weight along with her comments about the both of us and the fact that Cherry "will never become a charge on the state". We did go through everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure we had everything we could possibly need. The application was in a lever arch file that was so full that it was difficult to close.

We are really happy. She arrives on 14th June and we will be married in October. Then we have the FLR to apply for.

We also have to figure out what to do about ESOL / Life in the UK test. Cherrys English is quite good. She can join in conversations with my family easily but she is certainly not at a high level. We cannot afford to spend thousands on a course so I don't really know what to do. I'm going to order the books so that she can get a headstart on the life in the uk test. Whether we go that route or not it should help her to learn in the meantime. Are the books by Henry Dillon worth buying??? I don't want to buy a book that could take her down the wrong route.

Also, I have read other posts on here but have been unable to establish if she is entitled to register with a doctor. I have seen that it can be done in Scotland. Is this also the case in England (we live in Kidderminster, Worcs.) or are we being screwed over in this respect as well? I think having a medical card as another form of ID will help with other things as well such as getting a bank account.

Any other advice that people have would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to think that we will overlook something that will later affect visa applications.

Thanks again and best wishes to all,

Dan.

Dan and Cherry
31st May 2008, 14:17
Hi everyone.

Cherry was granted her visa without interview and in 3 days from the application. We read the uk visas website carefully and followed any advice that we found on here. Thanks for the help!

My advice to anyone is to include as much information as you can regardless of whether or not it is listed on the uk visa website. Also, always tell the truth! They only need to have a slight thought that you may not be telling the truth and the visa will be refused. Include anything financial, any pictures together, anything at all that shows a genuine relationship. I also got letters from my mum and my auntie in support. I think the one from my auntie may have been particularly useful as the letters OBE at the end of a name must carry some weight along with her comments about the both of us and the fact that Cherry "will never become a charge on the state". We did go through everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure we had everything we could possibly need. The application was in a lever arch file that was so full that it was difficult to close.

We are really happy. She arrives on 14th June and we will be married in October. Then we have the FLR to apply for.

We also have to figure out what to do about ESOL / Life in the UK test. Cherrys English is quite good. She can join in conversations with my family easily but she is certainly not at a high level. We cannot afford to spend thousands on a course so I don't really know what to do. I'm going to order the books so that she can get a headstart on the life in the uk test. Whether we go that route or not it should help her to learn in the meantime. Are the books by Henry Dillon worth buying??? I don't want to buy a book that could take her down the wrong route.

Also, I have read other posts on here but have been unable to establish if she is entitled to register with a doctor. I have seen that it can be done in Scotland. Is this also the case in England (we live in Kidderminster, Worcs.) or are we being screwed over in this respect as well? I think having a medical card as another form of ID will help with other things as well such as getting a bank account.

Any other advice that people have would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to think that we will overlook something that will later affect visa applications.

Thanks again and best wishes to all,

Dan.

nigetingtong
1st Jun 2008, 02:50
hi dan welldone to you both
first yes you can register with your doctor my wife did with in a week being her
same as you i can not aford the cost of the courses at 550 per term
i suggest you get the offical books from any good book shop
my wife been learning it for the last 12 months

colin244
1st Jun 2008, 06:00
Congrats Dan & Cherry on the visa :thumb:

Yes the Dillon books shown below this page are the ones and I bought on Amazon as cheaper than high st book shops.

We are working our way through them as Dao's spoken english is good but reading words that sound different to what they look like is another matter!

Good Luck
colin 244 & Dao