PDA

View Full Version : my 2 years visa expires in october

dtrespass
19th Jun 2008, 18:43
when would be the best time to apply for a ILR? what kind of document do i need? and it's £900 if i going in person? thanks

dtrespass
19th Jun 2008, 18:43
when would be the best time to apply for a ILR? what kind of document do i need? and it's £900 if i going in person? thanks

John
20th Jun 2008, 01:57
It appears you have not already downloaded the form SET(M)? Click here (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/setm_form0208.pdf) to download the form now.

Having done that, have a good read of it, because in "modern form" it contains guidance about what supporting evidence needs to be provided.

Just a general point here. Anyone on a 2-year settlement visa should download the form as soon as they get that visa. The reason is that there is a need to supply 20 pieces of evidence spread out, in time, over the 2 year period, and if you are not aware of that requirement there could be problems at the ILR application stage.

When to apply? No earlier than 28 days before the expiry of the 2-year visa, and no later than its expiry date.

By the way, if applying in person it is £950, not £900.

dtrespass
23rd Jun 2008, 06:32
thanks.