PDA

View Full Version : Evidence folder organisation

Muz182
18th Jul 2008, 00:54
Hi. I've almost finished gathering together all my evidence for my Thai girlfriend to return home with me to England on a tourist visa. I'm just a little unsure as to the layout and organisation of the folder. Is there a preffered method or is it the contents that really counts? Also I have a huge photo album with pictures pretty much from day one of our relationship, would it be best to hand this in in addition to the folder, or remove a selection of photos and place them in the folder.
Contents page necessary?

Many thanks

Muz182
18th Jul 2008, 00:54
Hi. I've almost finished gathering together all my evidence for my Thai girlfriend to return home with me to England on a tourist visa. I'm just a little unsure as to the layout and organisation of the folder. Is there a preffered method or is it the contents that really counts? Also I have a huge photo album with pictures pretty much from day one of our relationship, would it be best to hand this in in addition to the folder, or remove a selection of photos and place them in the folder.
Contents page necessary?

Many thanks

db1
18th Jul 2008, 01:48
remove a selection of photos and place them in the folder.
include the first photos from when you first met and the latest ones.Then again it would do no harm to use the Album with all the photos in.

winn
18th Jul 2008, 02:12
Last time I did a folder(via embassy)the contents were all taken out the folder in any old order, then thrown in by the female security guard! and then I was asked to leave (in Thai) as only the applicant is allowed in now, so I could sweat it out outside for a hour or 3! but we got the visa!
Not the best of order on British soil!

Paul.A
18th Jul 2008, 04:45
Look at checklist insert that at the front and follow that insert vaf insert id card insert sponsors copy passport etc etc etc etc.

Leave checklist at the front tick it as you insert it, thats what i do with my applications :)

Chris4Cat
21st Jul 2008, 05:37
I had a tabbed ring-binder with colour-coded headings: Relationship, Finances, Accommodation, Personal Details, Communication, The Future etc

So the first 'page' opened in the binder had colour boxes relating to the each of the tabs running down the side and bullet points explaining the section. ie:

Accommodation
• Layout plan
• Tenancy agreement
• Proof of residence

Stuff like that. The photos were from my digital camera and so using my computer I placed about 30 photos across three A4 pages with captions – "Visiting the family in Sakhon Nakhon" for instance, printed these sheets out and placed them in the ring binder. I never supplied original photos.

Thanks
Christopher