PDA

View Full Version : gossip

stevem
7th Aug 2007, 13:20
:rolleyes: Just wondered if anyone from the forum that has Thai wives/girlfriends, that get told utter bull**** by other Thais.

Today i call my wife as i do every day,and was told that while she was having a chat with a friend of hers this afternoon That this girls husband Thai army, turned round and said that from next month Farangs were not going to be allowed to enter Thailand,for (whatever reasons) she was not told.

Noi my wife told me this and asked if it was true or not

Ermmm (in deep thought at this point) No Noi i replied dont be Silly That could never happen i replied going through all the reasons why.

A wind up i said he is talking Cr** (dont know why he said it though as he does not know my wife ,Strange things some people say.

Anyone else have these wind ups or just me ?

stevem
7th Aug 2007, 13:20
:rolleyes: Just wondered if anyone from the forum that has Thai wives/girlfriends, that get told utter bull**** by other Thais.

Today i call my wife as i do every day,and was told that while she was having a chat with a friend of hers this afternoon That this girls husband Thai army, turned round and said that from next month Farangs were not going to be allowed to enter Thailand,for (whatever reasons) she was not told.

Noi my wife told me this and asked if it was true or not

Ermmm (in deep thought at this point) No Noi i replied dont be Silly That could never happen i replied going through all the reasons why.

A wind up i said he is talking Cr** (dont know why he said it though as he does not know my wife ,Strange things some people say.

Anyone else have these wind ups or just me ?

johnboy
7th Aug 2007, 13:43
Last one i heard was that the king's brother is dead showed my wife on the internet that he was seen in Thailand but she was still 50/50.

stevem
7th Aug 2007, 13:46
:nod: Johnboy glad its not just me then .

johnboy
7th Aug 2007, 13:47
No seems to be a very popular one.

GTG
7th Aug 2007, 22:06
Last week the prince's demise (in his mother's arms at a German clinic) seemed to be reported in many areas of Thailand. This may have just been wishful thinking.

Thaddeus
7th Aug 2007, 23:15
Originally posted by GTG:
Last week the prince's demise (in his mother's arms at a German clinic) seemed to be reported in many areas of Thailand. This may have just been wishful thinking.

Yep, we had that one around here the other week, a quick search on google easily contradicted it ..... and it was just wishful thinking G,

Rich & Orasa
8th Aug 2007, 01:11
A few weeks ago, sister-in-law assured us that every household in Issan was being sent a warning, by the relevant Amphur, regarding gangs involved in the kidnapping, murder and organ harvesting of men, women and children.

Has anybody heard anything similar and is there any truth to it ?

caller
8th Aug 2007, 01:19
This is reported periodically. Last I heard of it, there were incidents in Cha-am and somewhere up in Issan - seemingly connected as I recall. Its usually warned about on other forums - HHAD and TV in the last incidence I heard of. Seemingly, its not an urban myth. My wife told me the outcome of the Issan one when she returned here in May. I'm sure others will be aware of it.

Rich & Orasa
8th Aug 2007, 01:26
What did your wife tell you Caller ?

Skippy
8th Aug 2007, 01:59
yeah, gossip and mis-information anyone who g/friend or wife has applied for a visa knows about this game.

Thai wisphers were the story just becomes a mess BUT because a Thai person has said it - it holds more weight than when a farang says it.

- Skippy

caller
8th Aug 2007, 03:35
Originally posted by Rich & Orasa:
What did your wife tell you Caller ?

She's on the phone to her mum for the latest....! Here it is: About 2 months ago the Police caught a Doctor from Khon Kaen in sikhue (worrying, as could be moving near there!), he was driving a van trying to abduct people. There's been no news since.

In the meanwhile, here's a link that discusses this. The last page has copies of 3 newspapers reports on this subject:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/child-abduction-t5...tml?highlight=kidnap (http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/child-abduction-t5561-30.html?highlight=kidnap)

And more here:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/a-very-tragic-piec...tml?highlight=kidnap (http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/a-very-tragic-piece-of-news-t5527.html?highlight=kidnap)

And then finally (from me) this, which also includes press reports on this subject, sadly it evolved into the usual TV flaming session:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=110194

Some of which appears to have a tie in with what the wife has reported above.

Rich & Orasa
8th Aug 2007, 10:19
Thanks Caller - disturbing reading :(

KhonKaenDerek
9th Aug 2007, 07:21
I live in Khon Kaen (where is has been raining for four days solid. Drizzle only mostly, but we haven't seen the sun in all that time. It's been like a British Bank Holiday weekend)

My wife was told at the hairdressers that 'bad men' sit outside restaurants where farang go and follow them home. Then when the farang gets out of the car with the house keys in his hand they rob him of the keys and break into the house.

She wouldn't go out for a meal for more than a month!

Then she was told that 'bad men' break into the house by carefully taking the roof tiles off and stealing everything. And here's the good bit..... they then carefully put the roof tiles back so you can't tell! It would be a good trick as when they built the place they wired each tile into place. But it doesn't stop Tukta worrying every time we go out.

When I protest that's it's highly unlikely she goes off in a huff saying "you don't understand Thailand"

And here's another superstition. I can't get my hair cut on a Wednesday as it's bad luck.

caller
9th Aug 2007, 10:40
Bingham! Bingham?

You're not you know who are you?

Last seen in NZ?

maokaang
9th Aug 2007, 10:45
Wasn't that Richard John Bingham? :) (edited to include his middle name)

caller
9th Aug 2007, 10:54
Which one?

The man the world want's is a John, albeit he was really a dick (edited to include his first :))!

Easy for a Derek to manage, methinks?

How old are you Derek/John??

And when were you last in the UK?

maokaang
9th Aug 2007, 11:05
Believe me, Derek looks nothing like him! :nod:

caller
9th Aug 2007, 11:27
Originally posted by maokaang:
Believe me, Derek looks nothing like him! :nod:

Plastic surgery? :lol:

KhunIanB-UK
10th Aug 2007, 17:57
I assume nothing went wrong and got lost in translation when he asked them not to make a boob of the job :eek:

Rumours have got a nasty habit of spreading and being believed, best to put on the straight and narrow before getting out of hand. Easier said than done though!

<STRIKE>The last person I heard to of to have done this lost his job, house, car and family</STRIKE>

You'd never catch me spreading rumours!