PDA

View Full Version : Mekhong

woodham1
19th Apr 2007, 12:07
Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can buy mekhong from online, ive searched but can only find one who only deals in those with shops or resturants, etc..

Thanks for any help.......

rob c
19th Apr 2007, 13:16
You can get it from this lot www.cultdrinks.co.uk, (http://www.cultdrinks.co.uk,) or from www.thai4uk.com (http://www.thai4uk.com). Don't expect Thai prices though!

Cheers

Tik2
19th Apr 2007, 15:21
W H Lung and a couple of the other Manchester Chinese supermarkets sell it. But the question begs to be asked: "Why?" Needs must when staying in the sticks visiting the in-laws, but that stuff is impure at best. Why drink it over here?

Tony

rob c
20th Apr 2007, 01:59
But the question begs to be asked: "Why?" Needs must when staying in the sticks visiting the in-laws, but that stuff is impure at best. Why drink it over here?

Each to their own I suppose, I like it personally, Sang Som anyway! I don't buy it in the UK I have to say. I just bring a few bottles back each time, or get friends to.

woodham1
20th Apr 2007, 13:48
Taste of thailand i guess :)

and gets me drunk :banana:

Jersey
20th Apr 2007, 14:47
What is wrong with brown ale

woodham1
21st Apr 2007, 11:12
That does the trick also :)

Last time i was in thailand i noticed some of the bars in bangkok sold some good malt whiskeys, to my delight and some of the thai bar staff didnt release how much they cost, when i kept asking to make it a large one and they did. My shock and delight came in Bed Superclub when i noticed Laphoig behind the counter....ve :banana: ry good night...well what i remember anyway !

rolyshark
21st Apr 2007, 12:46
i noticed Laphoig behind the counter....
Definitely a fake.
Laphroaig perchance? :)
Slainte

Tik2
21st Apr 2007, 16:46
Originally posted by woodham1:
Taste of thailand i guess :)

and gets me drunk :banana:

Fair enough.

On your post further down, yeah, some great bargains to be had. Recently found a bar in Hua Hin that had Hennesey xo for about 300bt. Happy days :)