PDA

View Full Version : Any Last Minute Visa Interview Tips? (spouse)

Petruccis_Son
16th Jun 2008, 04:59
Without linking me to the sticky which I’ve read about 50 times... Anyone have any last minute tips for the interview? Its next week and of course we are nervous. Any idea how to handle some of their possible curveball trick questions like they threw at the last posters wife?

I.e. if they ask an impossible question like; what was the colour of my primary school uniform, or; what’s the registration of my sister’s car - how does one handle that? obviously 'I don't know' would be the first thing that comes to mind, but there must be some other angle to go at it to kind of prompt them that maybe: 'I am not stupid, but I will point out in the nicest possible way that you are b******tting me with these ridiculous questions'. I really don't know, but any tips would be appreciated just in case

rattana
16th Jun 2008, 09:11
Just be honest and open

David&Em
16th Jun 2008, 11:20
As per Rattana's post, but also relax. If you make your wife so tense that she is too nervous to answer anything properly that's not going to help either.

lat
16th Jun 2008, 13:25
Hi, Where is the interview, who is going, and what type of visa are you going for!

Vinny
16th Jun 2008, 16:33
Originally posted by Petruccis_Son:
Without linking me to the sticky which I’ve read about 50 times...

Have you read 13.17 - Interviewing (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter13/#point%20seventeen)?

Originally posted by Petruccis_Son:
Its next week and of course we are nervous.

Listening to Ajahn Brahm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajahn_Brahm)'s talk on Fear (http://www.bswa.org/audio/mp3/Brahmavamso_2003_04_04.mp3) may help.

Lucky
17th Jun 2008, 01:38
If asked something she doen't know then say she doesn't know, don't bluff or lie. Make sure she fully understands everything you put in your sponsors letter so that under questioning she does not contradict anything you have stated.

As above, try to relax and be confident, look them in the eye and if asked a question she doesn't understand then say so and ask for clarification until she does understand before she answers.

Good luck and give her as much reassurance as you can, it usually is not as bad as she fears! :thumb:

Petruccis_Son
17th Jun 2008, 05:58
Thanks for all the lovely tips guys!

And cheers vin for that link, that was brilliant

just for the record, I’m much more nervous than she is... she is a confident girl and has no problems with interviews, I’m just nervous she may not keep her cool as every time someone mentions interview for UK visa it coincides with girl 'leaving the room crying' due to barrage of unanswerable questions. Theres no way they could ever make her cry but I just hope she can keep a level head and not let her emotions get ahead of her, so really we’re not so much worried as we are concerned about it being a fair and square interview. But either way we'll be together whatever the outcome, but id prefer not to move to indonesia/thailand to do it.

e.t.v
19th Jun 2008, 09:33
do they realy ask that type of question?
i thought it was who does you husband/bf work for?
what does he do?
where does he live/
etc etc etc.
Only advise i can give is tell a 100% the truth,after all your a genuine couple and therfore you know lots about each other.