PDA

View Full Version : whats realy in your case?

stevem
12th Jun 2007, 14:38
:) Do we realy think about what we pack in our case when going to LOS ? Here i am packing my case for the 15th,1pair
of bookshelf speakers,4 mtrs of speaker cable,1pair of speaker stands, 1 new digi cam for the wife.
1 pair of chrome candle holders, 1large tin of chocs,2 large packs of dog chews, 1 Badminton set,for the kids,( if they had their way it would be a ps2).
3vests,some socks,pants etc 4 large shower gel.1 watch for my father in law, perfume for my mother in law :confused:
Still got to find something for her sister & son enough baht to pay for the damage her husband did to the Click and............... It goes on and on . :cry: Need any tips on packing ? dont ask me .Stevem

stevem
12th Jun 2007, 14:38
:) Do we realy think about what we pack in our case when going to LOS ? Here i am packing my case for the 15th,1pair
of bookshelf speakers,4 mtrs of speaker cable,1pair of speaker stands, 1 new digi cam for the wife.
1 pair of chrome candle holders, 1large tin of chocs,2 large packs of dog chews, 1 Badminton set,for the kids,( if they had their way it would be a ps2).
3vests,some socks,pants etc 4 large shower gel.1 watch for my father in law, perfume for my mother in law :confused:
Still got to find something for her sister & son enough baht to pay for the damage her husband did to the Click and............... It goes on and on . :cry: Need any tips on packing ? dont ask me .Stevem

colin244
12th Jun 2007, 14:49
stevem,

My wife recently went to LOS carrying

A cheese grater
Egg cups
Egg poacher (apparantly impossible to get in LOS)
packets of oxo (all varieties)
Fruit and nut
Anadin (much powerful pharmacin darling)
Blistex
Beer mats (? I don't know either as only 4)

And numerous other odd items oh and some clothes :D plus we had to buy a new case as unlucky to use the same one :rolleyes:
colin 244

caller
12th Jun 2007, 14:51
When the missus travelled back home for a few weeks in April, she took a fully inflated full size plastic football. It literally stuck out the side of the bag and its not as if you can't buy them there! We were about the 2nd to check in, just as well as she wasn't too fussed about the weight of her luggage and at that stage, neither were the airline!

stevem
12th Jun 2007, 15:04
:lol: Colin, Hmmmm the egg poacher sounds a good idea maybe i could start importing.
Although its worth taking just to see the look on Nois face.

stevem
12th Jun 2007, 15:07
:) Actualy its such a good idea im gonna put it in my case right now.

Roberrrt
12th Jun 2007, 15:08
You really are a hopeless romantic arent you stevem.
Hope you have happiness mate !

Rob

Mark W
12th Jun 2007, 15:10
My girlfriend has just gone back with MY case because hers wasn't big enough (using hers when I go in 2 weeks).She left 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of boots at my house but took back

Cathedral city cheese
Crumpets
Instant custard powder
15 boxes of English breakfast tea
Loads of Cadbury's chocolate
Pages out of newspapers with anything to do with our royal family
and
4 tins of John Smiths Creamflow

:crazy: :crazy:

rolyshark
12th Jun 2007, 15:29
Don't wear out the shoes/boots Mark :lol:
See you Sunday 4pm-ish TWL?

theclawinorbit
12th Jun 2007, 15:41
Just got back from LOS on the trip out the wife took

One suit :rolleyes:
Four Wooly jumpers :confused:
Adapter for a mobile that doesn't work. :crazy:

oh yes, she then emptied one of the suitcases so she could fill it with the kids toys...

So the first comment I made when we got to the Hotel was yes you guessed it. ' erm where are my things????? :cry:

And of course LOS is well known for being a outfitters for
over 6'8 tall :bah:

the claw

colin244
12th Jun 2007, 15:43
stevem,

I have also taken Egg Poachers out to expat mates in the past one of whom said he needed 5 which resulted in him selling to bars who do English breakfasts ;)

Get in quick as he has covered Pattaya already via me and others at rather higher prices than Argos here and looks like I may be an Egg Poacher trafficker :D
Regards
colin 244

ash
12th Jun 2007, 22:13
Last trip we ended up taking about 20 plastic poncho's for use in the rice fields plus Rosti , aftershave , Swiss chocolate , Swiss army knives , several swatch watches , one suitcase of baby clothes and a power drill. (oh and some chillies ????????)

ash

Skippy
13th Jun 2007, 06:35
Swiss chocolate , Swiss army knives , several swatch watches
Makes perfect sense - I would be taking the same to Australia if I lived in Switzerland ( As well as some secteares/ pruning shears - my brother works on a vinyard in Aust and good quality pruning implements are hard to find)

Always take crumpets and latest newspaers when I go to Thailand - for the old boys who are stuck out there..

Skippy

Mark W
13th Jun 2007, 08:20
Originally posted by rolyshark:
Don't wear out the shoes/boots Mark :lol:
See you Sunday 4pm-ish TWL?

Blimey, a guest appearance by the Sharkman on Sunday. :eek:

stevem
13th Jun 2007, 10:04
:lol: Colin ,Tip noted. Anyone know where i can get Betty boop bags in Thailand?

rolyshark
13th Jun 2007, 10:33
Blimey, a guest appearance by the Sharkman on Sunday
Worse still,be there on Friday at 7pm onwards :thumb:

stevem
13th Jun 2007, 13:17
:cool: Now what makes you think that ...Rob

colin244
13th Jun 2007, 13:24
where i can get Betty boop bags in Thailand?

stevem,

To be honest no but I do know where you can get an Egg Poacher :lol:
colin 244

Mark W
13th Jun 2007, 14:36
Originally posted by rolyshark:

Blimey, a guest appearance by the Sharkman on Sunday
Worse still,be there on Friday at 7pm onwards :thumb:

I'm going down to Surrey for a meeting Friday night.

stevem
14th Jun 2007, 10:47
:clap: Colin , A Betty Boop egg poacher ?

colin244
14th Jun 2007, 15:12
stevem,

Sounds like a mythical item maybe "only in LOS" :lol:
colin 244