PDA

View Full Version : Hands free kit

Scally
28th Dec 2009, 09:42
Having recently been stopped and given 3 points for using my phone whilst driving (stupid of me I know but just couldnt not answer the ringing phone!):mad:

I have decided to invest in a portable hands free kit for the car......

Anyone recommend any particular models that are any good?

db1
28th Dec 2009, 12:50
Having recently been stopped and given 3 points for using my phone whilst driving (stupid of me I know but just couldnt not answer the ringing phone!):mad:

I have decided to invest in a portable hands free kit for the car......

Anyone recommend any particular models that are any good?

Visorlite very good can move from car to car

Scally
28th Dec 2009, 13:16
Thanks, my bro had a visorlite but the extending part which pops out when you put it on broke quite easily...but will have a look when I go tomorrow

Tobias
28th Dec 2009, 13:34
What about a Bluetooth earpiece?

Scally
28th Dec 2009, 13:41
Hi Tobias, yes will look at them too but never really been that sure of how well they work...do you know how well the work in terms of call quality?

Also I am not sure this is possible but I could do with finding a kit that allows two phones to be connected at the same time i.e my personal and work phone with out having to re connect each time I want to change phone but not sure this is possible

Tobias
28th Dec 2009, 16:18
Hi Tobias, yes will look at them too but never really been that sure of how well they work...do you know how well the work in terms of call quality?

I've used a Bluetooth earpiece for many years and have had no issues regarding sound quality or connectivity. My only advice is buy a decent brand and ensure they are the rechargeable type with built-in power, not battery operated.

db1
28th Dec 2009, 18:00
What about a Bluetooth earpiece?
Also very good

Scally
28th Dec 2009, 18:46
Thanks chaps, I am going tomorrow to choose one so will let you know which one I get!

Jack
28th Dec 2009, 20:10
I have always found Plantronics good quality and reliable

bristolgeoff
28th Dec 2009, 23:12
i go now to a main dealer phone shop,orange has a sale (now). you can get a good deal,half price sale on many things.not sure if that includes ear pieces

David&Em
29th Dec 2009, 07:23
I just bought a couple of bluetooths for me and the missus off the Internet. Site we used (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/ (http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=2106&id=94990)) has reviews as well as copious technical info.