PDA

View Full Version : parcel post

Dylan
23rd Oct 2010, 19:26
Ning wants to post a 3.5kg parcel containing bedding over to her daughter in Chonburi. She's in no hurry so no need for express delivery . Any suggestions on cheapest option? . We were quoted 45 quid with FedEx for 5 day service..

Phetchy
23rd Oct 2010, 20:11
Send the money and let her buy it in Big C.

Linne
23rd Oct 2010, 20:15
can you find someone to take it for you ?? chonburi might be on the way to somewhere
shame your not nearer to surrey as i,m off next sunday

bristolgeoff
23rd Oct 2010, 22:47
i,am heading to bkk then pattaya on the 6th jan if that is any good

Doug K
24th Oct 2010, 00:37
Dylan

I would say that you have a good quote from FedEx. However, you will need a commercial invoice for the shipment so keep the commodity value low just in case the Thai customs and excise decide to hit you with import taxes!
Petchy's advice may seem a little impersonal but I have learnt from experience that sending money is cheaper.

Doug

Phetchy
24th Oct 2010, 02:39
i,am heading to bkk then pattaya on the 6th jan if that is any good
Geoff, send me a PM a bit nearer the date if you fancy a meet in Patters.

...Petchy's advice may seem a little impersonal but I have learnt from experience that sending money is cheaper.
Doug
Yes, sorry Doug if a bit too abrupt. It seems a bit illogical to spend £45 on postage when that amount alone would buy a lot of bedding over here (unless of course they are items which can only be bought in the UK). I was serious about BigC, most of the stuff we've bought in the Pattaya branches has been of perfectly good quality and reasonably priced.

Doug K
24th Oct 2010, 11:54
Not abrupt at all Petchy, I believe your advice is bang-on target. :thumb:
I once sent two pairs of shoes to Thailand, cost in the UK about £55, when they arrived in Thailand I was charged £38 import taxes even though on the CI I stated they were a gift!! Girlfriend could have bought 4 pairs of good quality shoes for that price in Thailand.

Dylan
24th Oct 2010, 12:40
Thanks for the replies.
I'm going to take Doug's advice and get Ning's daughter to call at Big C. The bedding is valued less than 20 quid, so makes sense.