Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rookie มือใหม่

Well, I see on other forums that people are reporting that Doctors are still being accepted by the Home Office, despite the fact that they are no longer on that list. The suggestions is that the list is not an exhaustive list of acceptable professions.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Boydio's Avatar

The list is odd. I would love to know what they constitute as a 'broker', for example.

The list is not exhaustive, it would be near impossible to list every type of profession that they would except.

I would imaging that a doctors signature would not be rejected but from things I have heard many Doctors refuse to sign these things these days so perhaps that is why they have been removed.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Rookie มือใหม่

Yes, I think Doctors were inundated with requests previously. Maybe the medical association asked for them to be removed from the list, but nevertheless the Home Office still accepts them from what I've heard. Will ask the immigration lawyer that I'm using on another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boydio View Post
    I would love to know what they constitute as a 'broker', for example.
    Insurance Broker or maybe Stockbroker as they are obviously very upstanding Citizens.

colin 244

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Boydio's Avatar

Exactly, there is a world apart from an Insurance Broker and a Stockbroker and the term Stockbroker also has a huge number of definitions.

As an Insurance Broker myself I have acted as a referee for numerous passport applications and think this would be the same. Incidentially the only time I have been contacted (and actually interviewed) was when I acted as a referee for a mate whose work was in a Nuclear Power Station, interesting questions too from the interviewer

colin 244

Quote Originally Posted by bristolgeoff View Post
    u should add window cleaner to the list,highly qualified people
    It depends if they are operating as sole traders or as a limited company. As a ltd. company they would be a company director and hence qualify.

Member สมาชิก
    NW9, SW1 -but would rather be in Thailand or Ireland.

Tightly regulated. If you sell alcohol, the licencing magistrates have a view, surely?

Rookie มือใหม่

Dear forum users. I’ve just received a successful confirmation for my British citizenship application. I used as a first Professional referee - my Café manager (Polish nationality), cause I am working in the coffee shop and as a second referee (a British passport holder who is over 25 years old) - my assistant manager (Russian nationality) in the same coffee shop. So I recommend you to use your managers in your current jobs as your referees (of course this recommendation only applies if you have known them for at least 3 years like in my case). And neither of my referees were contacted by Home Office. Good luck to all of you with your applications. Thank you.

I'm just going through the application for British citizenship for my wife, and we are using two good friends for referees, who are both directors of a Ltd company (which is on the list of referees on their website). Just want conformation that this is OK?
    Also, the form for referees asks for their address and if they've lived there for 3 years, if not you need to supply other addresses lived at in last 3 years.
    One of my referees split up with his partner 3 years ago and has since found a new partner, in the process he has moved house twice in the last 3 years (renting). Will this be a problem for us?