Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Professional Referees - Doctors Ditched by Home Office

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Blog Entries

Ridiculous. Publican, postman, travel agent, Member of Parliament - but not GP's? Absurd (what is a Designated Premises Supervisor?).

u should add window cleaner to the list,highly qualified people

Quote Originally Posted by Phetchy View Post
    (what is a Designated Premises Supervisor?).
    Night Watchman?

Dave.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ dan&ploy's Avatar

Guard dog?

Premium Member

Hi Vinny, I assume that Doctors are removed as of now,we were just about to apply for Citizenship next week.
    Wow! that gives us a big problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phetchy View Post
    ... what is a Designated Premises Supervisor?
    Section 15 of the Licensing Act 2003, defines a ‘designated premises supervisor’ as follows:

‘(1) In this Act references to the ‘designated premises supervisor’, in relation to a
    premises licence, are to the individual for the time being specified in that licence as
    the premises supervisor.'

In simple terms any premises that are licenced to sell or supply alcohol must have a Designated Premises Supervisor, this individual must hold a 'Personal Licence' under the Licensing Act 2003.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Blog Entries

As this individual must hold a "Personal Licence" is that not the same as a "Personal Licensee Holder" (also on the list)? Sounds more like an accredited bouncer.

Blog Entries

Yes Phetchy, it appears so.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

HI FRIENDS. I AM NEW MEMBER. does Home Office really contact to Referees? if they do. anyone knows how do they do that? by letter, phone call. i'll be grateful if someone can tell me this!

Blog Entries

They may or may not contact a referee. If they did make contact it would be to verify the information provided. They could make contact by either telephone, mail or personal visit.

The UKBA may also carry out other checks on the referee to establish identity, to ensure they qualify to act as such and to combat application fraud.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    They may or may not contact a referee. If they did make contact it would be to verify the information provided. They could make contact by either telephone, mail or personal visit.

The UKBA may also carry out other checks on the referee to establish identity, to ensure they qualify to act as such and to combat application fraud.
    i said this because one of the referee who is signed for me. i have just found out he had a heart attack. and since i submitted my application form. 2 months has been past. Now in May it's going to be my third months.
    i am thinking home office might contact my referee and he was not able to talk to them. and this is effecting to process my application form. or still i have to wait for another month?
    Thank you

Blog Entries

If there was an issue about your referee the UKBA would contact you about it and explain why.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

[QUOTE=Tobias;171090]If there was an issue about your referee the UKBA would contact you about it and explain why.

oh cheers mate.

Member สมาชิก

hello there. i don'y know if you recognize me. i have asked you about my referees! i have just received my invitation letter. now i cant wait until this Monday to booking for ceremony!
    exactly 3 months and 21 days
    Regards.

Blog Entries

Excellent news jovi, enjoy your Citizenship Ceremony and welcome to the Big British Family
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Yep, Congratulations Jovi, enjoy the ceremony and citizenship!

Reading the OP I didn't realise that and wonder if it was pressure applied from Doctors not to be on the list :-S

I think with all the announcements over LITUK, B1 etc, the referee situation is a more hidden stumbling block and everyone should be aware of this ASAP if wanting to progress through to citizenship and it also seems getting a referee is being made harder, last week received a school news letter, where amongst other things, it mentioned the Head Teacher would no longer be acting as a referee for any parents/children in need of passports or other applications :-S

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    ... I think with all the announcements over LITUK, B1 etc, the referee situation is a more hidden stumbling block and everyone should be aware of this ASAP if wanting to progress through to citizenship and it also seems getting a referee is being made harder ...
    Ian, this is an old change - it was changed back in 2010!!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Tobias,

Yes, I had noticed that and that's why I was suprised all the more about the change, I remember having problems arranging for our GP to act as a referee (you kindly offered for to help us at the time too) before the change, even though they tended to ask for a nice little fee for the service, didn't realise they had changed to a block since and therefore thought others might not also when it comes to the "simple" formality of getting a referee to find out it could be anything but.

Member สมาชิก

This is exactly happened to me. first i have asked from my Teacher he refused that. and i know why because he was naturalized like us!

- - - Updated - - -

oh thanks. i cant wait until tomorrow morning for book a ceremony!