Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default Iphone - Talking Thai–English–Thai Dictionary

For those who are familiar with the Paiboons 3 Way Thai-English-Thai dictionary then you may be pleased (I am) to see an electronic version has now been released for the Iphone and Ipad.

The app cost £14.99 and details can be found on itunes or the following website
    Talking Thai–English–Thai Dictionary

It does not rely on internet / data connections unlike all the free Thai dictionaries i have downloaded so far.

The paperback dictionary has been very useful for me in learning to read and write so I'm hoping this app will be just as good.

Enjoy Ally.
    "Don't buy the sun"

Blog Entries

Ok I took the chance and bought the app. I have had some time to try this out, and i have to say i am very impressed with it. It has everything the paperback dictionary has and more.

Searches can be done in English, Thai or by typing how the word sounds in Thai (this one is not always successful due to the various ways of spelling sounds)

Searching in English for Thai words - The result is given as you type. Each definition has the word in Thai and phonetically. It also includes when the words should be used IE formal, with friends, rude and so on. Touch the Thai spelling and you are given 3 options. The first is 'play' and the word is spoken, the second is 'Go'. Choose this and it takes you to the Thai dictionary with English translation. The third is 'copy' which obviously allows you to copy the word to whatever you are typing. Finally there is an arrow or more option. Choose this and 5 more options ping up. The first allows you to see the word in various fonts, the second 'find words inside' in that it lists all the dictionary words that are contained within the word you searched, third option is 'Explain spelling' - obvious this one and finally 'Google word' which instantly performs a Google search of the word and takes you to the Google web page!!!!

All, in all a great little app and worth the cost.

Cheers Ally
    "Don't buy the sun"