Likes Likes:  129
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,201 to 1,206 of 1206

Thread: Obituaries

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

Veteran WW2 paratrooper Sandy Cortmann dies at 97

One person who was probably only in the media limelight for a year ,but under the worlds for 75 years .
    A real hero .Hats off.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...tland-52788564
    Last edited by Tobias; 28th May 2020 at 09:40. Reason: Added first line to identify the deceased.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Andy34t's Avatar

First visit for a while.....hope you are all well, yeah a ironic saying that in this thread.

As Gary, very graciously mentioned Norman Hunter...... another Leeds & England player Trevor Cherry recently passed.

Blog Entries

Dame Vera Lynn, the Forces' Sweetheart whose songs helped raise morale in World War Two, has died aged 103.

The singer's family confirmed she passed away on Thursday morning surrounded by her close relatives.

"The family are deeply saddened to announce the passing of one of Britain's best-loved entertainers at the age of 103," a statement said.

Dame Vera was best known for performing for the troops during World War Two in countries including India and Burma.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53091856
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I was working when I heard the news this afternoon. Every now and again somebody passes away and a feeling of deep remorse creeps through. This is one of those moments not just because of all she's done in her life but what she meant to my grandparents, parents and just about everyone who ever spoke about her.

Very sad to hear of her passing. Such a great lady and such a wonderful voice. Definitely someone who deserves a statue to celebrate her life's work.
    aka Spud / aka MF

Very sad news, one of those that a lot of people will be sadden by. R.I.P. Dame Vera
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)