Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Question Father's Signature on MN1 Citizenship Form

First - apologies if this is already answered somewhere on the forum - if so, would appreciate someone pointing me to the answer.

I wondered if someone could enlighten me. I am about to apply for my stepdaughter (13) to become a British Citizen. She has been in the UK a little over 2 years, and has indefinite leave to remain. Her mum (my wife) has been here 7 years, and is already a British citizen.

I have completed the application form, and gathered all requested evidence (referees, birth certificates, passports etc.) I have applied to go to our local Nationality Checking Service next week, to get the documents checked, and submit them.

One issue remains: The form (MN1) asks for both the mother and the father to consent, and sign. We are not in touch with my stepdaughter's natural father, and it would be very hard, if not impossible, to contact him and get him to sign. I wonder if we can leave it blank, or if I can sign? And if I sign, whether we need any other evidence, e.g. my marriage certificate to my wife.

Would appreciate any help on this issue specifically.
    Thanks,
    Oan.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Good link Vinny, particularly as regards 9.18.13 .
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oan View Post
    ... if I sign, whether we need any other evidence, e.g. my marriage certificate to my wife ...
    You would only sign if you had entered in to a Step-Parent Parental Responsibility Agreement that was lodged at a county court.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for all those responses. So I won't sign. And I am hoping that I can leave the father's signature blank, as I have something from Thailand stating that my wife has been the sole provider for her daughter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oan View Post
    ... I have something from Thailand stating that my wife has been the sole provider for her daughter.
    Do ensure you provide as much evidence of this as possible.
    Tobias - โทเบียส