Those Brits travelling or living abroad should consider signing up with the FCO LOCATE service.
You'll find all the information you need at
Here's the basics:
"If you are a British national, and travelling or living abroad, or planning to do so, use our LOCATE service to tell us. Our embassy and crisis staff can then give you better assistance in an emergency such as a tsunami or terrorist attack.
We are encouraging all British nationals travelling and living abroad to register with us on LOCATE, even for short trips."
What are the benefits of registering with LOCATE?
- if a major catastrophe occurs we’ll have an instant record of your details so we can contact you to make sure you’re OK and provide advice.
- if family and friends need to get in touch with you we can help them to find you.
- it only takes a few minutes to register your travel or residence information online and the local British Embassy will know you are coming. You do not need to contact them directly.
- you only need to register for the service once and then update your account when you make a new trip abroad or change your country of residence. You can even add planned trips abroad up to a year ahead
- LOCATE improves our ability to provide help in an emergency and reduce delay and worry in times of stress for family and friends at home.
Tobias - โทเบียส