Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Banned

Default Visitor Visa Query (housing)

Hi All

Apologies if this has come up before but I think slightly unique circumstance dictate a new question.

I have checked other checklists on this site of what is necessary and believe we meet all the criteria and I can demonstrate this.

Just one area causes me concern - whilst I can prove where i live through phone and bank bills, I have no tanancy agreement. I am staying in the flat as part of a caretaking scheme for buttons!

Financially ive no huge savings but a good regular income of £60K+.

My question therefore will bank statments (which will show no signifigant rent) and bills as proof of address be enough?

cheers

matt

Banned

I don't think you will have a problem re address as when i did my wifes V Visa all i had at the time was a mobile home on a campsite and had nothing to show that address, it's only when you are doing spouse visa you will need prof of address!

Just write all in the sponser letter, you must have something to show, maybe an aggreement with Buttons!!

Nice one Sean
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Banned

Hello David!!

Banned

Thanks for the response.

As the majority of the trip will be spent in Belfast (I live in London) at my brothers wedding - would it be easier to just say we will be at my parents and show proof of their address?

For my home I have -

phone bills
    bank statements with address
    bank statements show £50 a month going to security company to stay here...

Will this be an issue or is where I live not a huge issue? maybe just the bills will be enough?

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

You will need to show evidence that suitable accommodation is available for the visit. Seeing as you will both be staying in Belfast (presumably the main purpose of the visit is your brother's wedding?), then that should be where you show the evidence for.

I also have no tenancy agreement, for my wife's visit visa issued in August 2011, I showed my housemate's tenancy agreement, a letter from him inviting my wife to stay, a letter from the landlord confirming that this was ok and that there was enough room for her, photo's of the house showing the bedroom we would be staying in and all the shared areas of the house.

Where you live, or more accurately, where the person applying for the visa will be staying, is an issue. It's one of the main things that need to be proven, that there is adequate accommodation for the duration of the visit.

Seeing as your bank statements show that address, I would include a brief explanation of your circumstances (ie you live with Buttons and Buttons doesn't charge you rent ) and that you will be staying in Belfast with your parents for most of the visit, perhaps one or two nights at Buttons' place and then on to Belfast?).

If you can't get all the stuff you need from your parents, then you should include the agreement from the caretaking scheme that allows you to stay in your place in London, it doesn't have to be a tenancy agreement, but it does need to show that you are legally entitled to stay there and aren't just squatting the place and Buttons will be back soon and we'll see your photo on the front page of the Standard

P.S. has buttons got any more places he wants taken care of?
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    P.S. has buttons got any more places he wants taken care of?
    Thinking the same as.........£60k+

Blog Entries

And his boss is a bloke named Baron Hardup? Some fiddle going on there somewhere.

Banned

Really useful mate. Appreciatted. Im thinking getting a letter of invitation from my parents and invite from them, with a brief explanation. From what you suggest honesty, with every single thing accounted for, is the best bet.

Im onto a winner I know with the flat, helps pay for monthly trips to Thailand :-)