Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default TRAVELODGE £10 per room

latest £10 per room per night offer went on sale today at 6am for stays 1st APR to 31 AUG
    across UK... 19 euros in Ireland and Spain (Madrid / Barcelona)
    bangkok mags

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Love Barcelona :-) Can order tickets online for the Nou Camp also, if football's your thing.

And the missus loves to eat Spainish too so no headaches on that account - not one mention of Thai food when we was there for a week, she took a severe liking to the Jamon Ibberica (Expensive Taste ! Whats wrong with a bit of Yorkshire Ham with Egg and Chips - that would have to be my final meal)...

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    latest £10 per room per night offer went on sale today at 6am for stays 1st APR to 31 AUG
    across UK... 19 euros in Ireland and Spain (Madrid / Barcelona)

When I was on a business trip in Birmingham, I'd stayed in a Travelodge for one night...Never again. The rooms were cold, The carpet had stains and the bathroom needed a good clean.
    When I had to re visit Birmingham for the second time. I was told to stay at the Premier Inns, because the rooms were clean, the staff are friendly and most of the premier inns chains, have restaurants where to food is great.
    So that's what I did.

rooms always better in premier inns , sometimes have offers of £19 a night , we ve just stayed in cumbria and liverpool , if you stay in new travelodges their fine for £10 a night .

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    Love Barcelona :-) Can order tickets online for the Nou Camp also, if football's your thing.

And the missus loves to eat Spainish too so no headaches on that account - not one mention of Thai food when we was there for a week, she took a severe liking to the Jamon Ibberica (Expensive Taste ! Whats wrong with a bit of Yorkshire Ham with Egg and Chips - that would have to be my final meal)...
    we stayed in the travelodge in Barcelona it was ok , been to a few games in Barcelona (nou Camp) they hold back tickets for sale on the day of the game across Spain , i think 5% of the stadium capacity.
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

Booked a room yesterday at the airport Travelodge for the night before we fly from Manchester in May for £10 saves my son picking us up early in the morning and driving us across the Pennines. Too good to miss at that price. Stayed there before and not bad

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์ the_link's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rawdonlad View Post
    Booked a room yesterday at the airport Travelodge for the night before we fly from Manchester in May...
    Are you flying to New York, rawdon?

Member สมาชิก

We booked for Manchester airport and London Heathrow before our next trips , also for ST Helens and some others but cannot remember where SiSaKet said.

I stayed at Heathrows travelodge once - on the Bath Road / A4. It was a truly dismal experience never to be repeated.

the newer one is terminal 5 , bath road is heathrow central
    bangkok mags

I read the gamut of reviews for hotels around Heathrow prior to our departure to LOS three weeks ago and decided to book a hotel in Paddington. I was also deterred by the monopoly that bans hotels in the area providing private transportation to your preferred terminal and limits this to the Heathrow Shuttle bus at £4.50 per head, even if this entails a three or four minute journey.
    Last edited by the_link; 11th Feb 2012 at 00:01.

most of the normal service buses are free around (heathrow) bath road 24hrs per day for Ibis , holiday inn etc , but not as far as travelodge but cheap with oyster card...
    bangkok mags

Banned

I'm very surprised they can do that, sounds a wee bit corrupt, sort of thing thailand would do!! all the airport hotels i've ever stayed in the states have all had their own free shuttles buses to the airport.

Thanks for the gen, sisaket. Unfortunately, the lack of decent reviews of the local hostelries had already made my mind up. I'm sure there are some decent establishments at a price, but mid-range decidedly mixed.

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by deland View Post
    I'm very surprised they can do that, sounds a wee bit corrupt, sort of thing thailand would do!!
    Not at Suvharnabumi, Sean. You are more than welcome to roll up to departures with any provider.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Tony, I stayed at Sheraton Heathrow (Bath Road) before its very nice - it was about 50 quid a room (Sunday I think) - however the food was ridiculous price and naff...since found out there is a decent pub within walking distance...I expect it costs more during the week though

Thanks, Nic, and £50 sounds reasonable. Like you say, you can easily hit the pub for some food.

I have to stay overnight in Plymouth next week and looked at Travelodge whose offering was £44.00pn but mentioned there was no car park (pay and display nearby) and that there may be some noise as there was a nightclub under the building also the restaurant was a "Domino's" so checked out Premier Inn who charged £69.00 but was 3 miles out of the city centre (with free car park and an adjoining Beefeater Restaurant)

No prizes for guessing what I booked

colin 244

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by the_link View Post
    Are you flying to New York, rawdon?
    No not the USA we have given up on that idea still both my son and his US wife work on the same Cunard ship and get into Southampton so no visa needed there lol. We are going to our house in Thailand for 3 months in May and also do a bit of travelling around.

I did however take my wife on a bit of a tour of the UK in 2007 and that included Boston and the small hamlet nearby called New York (Lincs) before going up north to Washington (Tyne and Wear), So that will have to do!!