Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Bank Statements for EEA Family Permit application

Hi,

I am getting married in Bangkok in April and I will be applying for an EEA family permit for my wife.
    I have to submit 6 months of bank statements with the application. I bank with Barclays and recently had 6 months of bank statements sent to me. Today I went to my local Barclays and they stamped the statements.
    I will get another 6 months of statements sent to me closer to the date I will be applying for the visa. I have read numerous posts on the internet regarding bank statements and I am a bit concerned that there could be an issue. I have a couple of questions:

Are printed statements stamped by the bank acceptable for visa applications? If they are not then I don't know what to do as I was told today that Barclays only issue duplicate statements in that format.

How recent must the final entry on the bank statement be in relation to the date of the visa application?

Any information or previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Are you a non British EU national ?

From memory bank statements are not needed if you are.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

I am Irish.

I would check the requirements again in that case as the EU treaty only requires proof of marriage etc I submitted no bank statements when my wife and I moved to France- I don't have time to check now but the UK signed the same treaty therefore unless Irish are a special case the requirements should be the same.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you for your response. The UKBA 'supporting documents' suggests submitting bank statements to show that sufficient finances are available to support my spouse. I have just read on the net that they are not actually required so you are correct. However, I will probably still submit them but since they are not actually required their format is not critical.

The treaty does not require that you prove anything except being married they cannot refuse based on insufficient funds. They can only refuse if they believe its a marriage of convenience or that your wife is a risk to national security etc. I would only give them what is required but its up to you.

ash

the same applys to accommodation etc

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Blog Entries

jd2011,

Listen to the wise man Ash, he gives good advice and knows whats what !!!

Rookie มือใหม่

Ash,

Thank you for your advice. So I must prove our relationship and that we are married. Do I have to prove that I am resident in the UK? I do agree that it is better to provide only what is required.

I would submit proof of residence in the UK .

As for the relationship you only need to prove that its not a fake marriage , so proving the relationship would be a good thing.

We had a few difficulties with the French when applying for my wife's residency but these were down to out of date training at the Prefecture and were resolved using SOLVIT.

This is from the BIA website

his page lists the documents that a national of a non-European country should provide when applying for an EEA family permit to come to the UK. For more information about EEA family permits and who should apply for them, see the EEA family permits page.
    When you apply, you should include all the documents that you can to show that you are a family member of an EEA national. These should include:

• a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application); and
    • proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
    • a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.

If you are not the EEA national's spouse, civil partner, or child or grandchild under 21, you must provide evidence that you are dependent on them or have lived as part of their household.
    If you are applying as the EEA national's unmarried partner, you should provide evidence that you have been living with them in a relationship akin to marriage for more than 2 years. It is unlikely that we would consider a shorter relationship as 'durable', in accordance with the EEA Regulations.
    If you are aged under 18 and one or both of your parents or guardians are not travelling with you, you should provide their written permission to travel here.
    If the EEA national has lived in the UK for more than 3 months, you must provide evidence that they are a 'qualified person'. This evidence could include:

• their contract of employment, wage slips and/or a letter from their employer, if they are a worker;
    • evidence of their National Insurance contributions, Construction Industry Scheme card (if applicable), lease on business premises, contracts, invoices, audited accounts and/or bank statements, if they are self-employed;
    • a school/college/university letter confirming their enrolment and the completion date of their course, and/or a bank statement or evidence of a grant or scholarship, if they are a student; or
    • evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves and their family members for the period of their residence in the UK, if they are self-sufficient.

If the EEA national is a British citizen, you must provide evidence that:

• they have been working or are self-employed in another EEA member state; and
    • you have been living with them in the EEA state, if you are their spouse or civil partner.

We will refuse your application if:

• we find that any documents are false;
    • you have not provided sufficient evidence that you are related to the EEA national;
    • you have not provided sufficient evidence (where it is required) that you are dependent on the EEA national;
    • you do not intend to accompany the EEA national to the UK, or to join them here;
    • the EEA national does not have a right of residence in the UK; or
    • you are involved in a 'marriage or civil partnership of convenience'. This is a marriage or civil partnership that is for immigration purposes only, with neither person planning to live with the other in a genuine and settled relationship.

From the above it seems that they want proof of funds this is optional but the reasons for refusal don't include that.

On balance I would send copies of bank statements if readily available.
    ash

Rookie มือใหม่

Ash,

Thank you for your advice.

Old Hand มือเก่า

As an EEA citizen living in the UK, you have to show:-

1. You're a citizen of an EEA country;
    2. You and your wife are lawfully married; and
    3. You are a 'qualified' person; i.e. you are in (self-) employment, a jobseeker, a student, self-sufficient etc.

The onus is not upon you to 'prove' that your marriage is not one of convenience, but upon the visa officer to 'prove' that it is.

Rookie มือใหม่

Merseymike,

Thank you for clarifying the requirements.

Rookie มือใหม่

Default Me too, April Bangkok

Hi

I am also getting married probably in April in Bangkok, all depends on how fast I'll manage all the paperwork. Therefore question on JD2011. what sort of paperwork do I need to have ready for the Thai office etc before ill go there?

And Q on anyone else who have this experience already, do I need to have the marriage certificate recognised by my country, or is it okay to use the thai one?

Thanks to anyone who will help.

Mike

gr8. Your second question very much depends on what is your country. This is a Thailand-UK advice site.

Rookie มือใหม่

My country is Slovakia which is part of EU, EEA, so the rules will be the same as for German, French, Polish, etc citizens in this case. An I'm living and working for past 3 years in UK.

therefore will they need any recognition by my EEA country /Slovak authorities/ of the marriage certificate, or the English translation of the Thai certificate is accepted by UK embassy in Bangkok?

Rookie มือใหม่

EEA Family permit. EEA Slovakian living in UK marrying Thai... yes I guess I like to complicate my life

Did anyone go thorough this whole procedure who can advise how does it works and what do I need to do and what not to.

I'm asking here as I was in touch with all the possible embassies and offices round the word and nobody could tell me what and how to do.

Not even on the official helpline for UK embassy in Thailand. As soon as I asked reg. EEA Family permit they didn't know the answers at all, so they asked me to send them my Q by email. I received acknowledgement that they will answer within 24 hours. As I didnt hear from them for a few days I called them again and I've been told that they need more time to answer onto my Q and that they will be in touch soon. This was more then a week ago.

And my Qs are:

1. As I'll be getting married in May in Thailand, can my partner apply for EEA Family permit?
    2. Does she need to pass any English exams?
    3. Can she work legally in UK as long as I'm living with her in UK
    4. What documents and who need to approve / stamp / legalise them before submitting her application?

I guess that answers on Q1 to Q3 are YES based on what I could find online, but thats theory. Any practical experience anybody? How about Q4?

Thanks for any advise.