Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Hotel recommendation near British Embassy

Does anyone know of any hotels near british embassy in the 20 to 25 pounds category in nov, or is that a silly price.

[MODERATOR EDIT: The subject title of this topic has been edited to clarify the topic’s subject matter. Please see this topic for more information regarding use of 'Subject Titles' when posting new topics in the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.]

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I stayed at the Manhattan Hotel on Sukhumvit soi 15 last month. It's a couple of stops away on the BTS from the embassy. It's a very good hotel with clean large rooms, great service. I booked it through Asiarooms.com for about £25 a night, although beware the prices on the website do not include the 7% tax.

Smile

I used to stay at the Dynasty, down at Nana Plaza................A contractors haunt...........But the hotel is clean, very good helpful staff, and good with kids believe it or not.............and plenty of eating places nearby. Brit Embassy is just walking distance up the road.
    andye

Member สมาชิก

I stay at the Stable Lodge on Sukhumvit Soi 8,rooms about £30 a night good restaurant and BBQ and lovely pool and great staff, about 15 to 20 mins walk to the embassy.
    Wayneo

Hi, these hotels are close to the british embassy, what is the distance please approx to the Ministry of foreign affairs.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

None would be more than approx 60 baht in a Taxi leshemp...(Providing you don't take it at rush hour)

Edit
    ------------------------------------------------

Cancel that I didn't read your post properly - although I've been to that place the wife was driving so I had my eyes shut

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leshemp View Post
    Hi, these hotels are close to the british embassy, what is the distance please approx to the Ministry of foreign affairs.
    The embassey and the MFA are a fair distance apart took us about 30 min in a taxi. And that was in moving traffic.

Hi, thanks for the info. Sounds like it will be best to base myself near the embassy.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

If you're based near the embassy, and want to get to the MFA, the best way to get there is to take the BTS to Mo Chit and take a taxi from there. Taxi will then cost you about ฿100.

As you come out of the BTS station, you will see minivans, buses, and taxis all right next to the station on the main road.

MFA is down that main road.

Make sure you tell them the right place, or they'll assume you're going to immigration.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

It would be good to find hotel right in the middle, especially for 2 trips to MFA to stamp translated marriage certificate for settlement visa.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Anything near the BTS will be fine. The embassy is near Ploen Chit, the MFA isn't far from Mo Chit.

Anything that minimises the amount of time you have to sit in the traffic while the trains whiz by over your head is a good thing
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

anywhere on the BTS or on the Khlong saen saeb which has a pier on wireless road

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์ the_link's Avatar

My wife and I were based at Thonglor for the duration of her settlement visa rigmarole and just two-minute walk to BTS.

As I've stated previously, if I had to endure the process again I'd certainly employ a translation company to do the running about. Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Exclamation

If your nerves are up to it the quickest way from Wireless Rd to the MFA is by motorcycle taxi!
    Lucky

Hi, the idea about using a translation company to run around looks better all the time, for the amount of money it costs.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

When we did the embassy, MFA, translation hocky kocky it took us around 5 1/2 hours start to finish. By all account that was good going. Nat translated the documents herself, she has done many visa's for people now, so we saved time there, we were 2nd in the queue at the embassy and a low number at the MFA. I think the key is to be early if you want to do it in 1 day.