Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Question UK Settlement Visa Evidence of future accommodation

Hi Everyone...could you assist one more time

The situation is -

I currently share a house which would meet the criteria set by the UKBA for my wife to live here, however, I would rather have my own place to live with my wife...therefore....I have found a property to rent which definately meets the criteria and gives us or own space.

I already have the signed tenancy and I will move into this property in early August but rather than wait any longer than necessary in applying for the visa I want to apply this month.

My current rent at the shared house is minimal and includes all bills. The new house and bills will be significantly higher.
    So, when I list my income and outgoings to prove I can provide for my wife too should i forecast what I expect them to be at the new premises?

All ideas welcome....

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should also ask if its acceptable to apply for a visa with an address that I dont yet live at yet?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

Hi mate.. you need to provide evidence that you have somewhere suitable for you both to live, this would normally mean tenancy agreement or title deeds. If you dont own the property it may also be a good idea to get confirmation from the landlord that it is ok for her to stay there with you..

Unless you have a copy of the tenancy agreement for the new house it wont mean squat. If it was me, i would keep it simple and refer in the application to the address you currently living in and provide evidence relating to that. I think that any suggestion of your outgoings going substantially up is just asking for trouble.

this is just my opinion

Old Hand มือเก่า

In general terms, under the new rules (wef 9/7/12), all that matters for maintenance is whether your income is at least £18,600 per year (with no kids) and that that can be demonstrated by means of the required documentation. You don't need to account for your day-to-day outgoings.

In relation to accommodation, you can explain in a covering letter what you have explained in this post, and add evidence of your tenancy from August.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

listen to Merseymike!!

Member สมาชิก

Hi

I am listening to Mersey Mike

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a tenancy and a written consent form from the owner/landlord for my wife to stay there.

I will do as you say Mike, write a letter stating the current situation and provide the necessary documents (bank statements pay slips) to prove my income and let the UKBA work out if I earn enough.

I hope they are good with their numbers

Thanks very much

Member สมาชิก

Mersey Mike

I looked at the VAF4A form and the this is what triggered my question above about showing evidence of outgoings...in particular page 11 section - 8.7 Sponsor’s Current Finances and Employment
    8.7.15 How much does your sponsor spend each month on
    living costs?

Would you advise that I enter my current monthly outgoings in that field and add a cover note to explain the what i've written in my first post?
    Last edited by Tobias; 6th Jul 2012 at 20:49. Reason: Changed font to ease reading.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์ the_link's Avatar

The answer is to enter your current outgoings (not projected). You can elaborate in your sponsors letter or the additional information section contained within the VAF4A form.

There's no more that you can do as long as you're honest in the appraisal of your situation. I'd also recommend to keep it short and to the point.

Member สมาชิก

Guys

Out of interest...

From your wealth of experience....would you say my plan above meets the criteria set by the UKBA or am I gambling slightly with getting the result I want? I could speak with the landlord and ask if its possible to amend the move in date so that its before we make the application....

OR

I could do as vanbobble suggests and just go with the current shared accommodation...

Any ideas which is the best plan of attack?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ironryon View Post
    ... I looked at the VAF4A form and the this is what triggered my question above about showing evidence of outgoings...in particular page 11 section - 8.7 Sponsor’s Current Finances and Employment
    8.7.15 How much does your sponsor spend each month on
    living costs?
    The form will change on 9 July 2012 so better wait if your intention is to apply after that date.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

Hi

As Tobias advised - I waited until after 9th July and just last week made our application.

As the form requests I provided an itemised breakdown of the current outgoings and also provided a projected outgoings breakdown for the new property in the notes section where I also explained the reason for moving into the new house. FYI by searching on the net you can find out exact average spend for each utility bill etc depending on house size and number of occupants.