Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rookie มือใหม่

Well so pleased to report that Jen got her passport back today with the magic stamp. Couldn't have done it without all your help! Best of luck to everyone else who has to go through this arduous process. Give them everything you can even over & above and tick every box. The suggested layout of the evidence folder was so helpful.

Rookie มือใหม่

Hello

My name is Cherry and I would like to seek an advice. I'm very lost and desperate.

I am Thai and going to apply for the Spouse Settlement Visa very soon. And I and my husband have been confused and rather panicked about the annual income before tax of my husband who is my visa sponsor. The minimum amount that he should earn before tax is 18600 pound as I have no dependant.

The problem is he is currently working under a contract from an agency who pays him weekly. His hourly wage on the contract is 11.90 pound and he works 37 hours/week.

The weekly wage fluctuates depending on the amount of money he claims back for his lunch and transport allowances. However, after the agency took the admin and other fees, the pay, which becomes gross income, is then reduced significantly. And the income after tax is calculated from that.

From that so I'm not sure which amount should I consider as the income before tax, the original invoice total (hours x 11.90) or the gross salary?

And let's say we should consider the gross salary amounts, then if I calculate each week pay by adding them up then calculate for the average then times 52 weeks. With this, the total amount is enough to satisfy the UK government requirement. But if I times 12 months then it's more than 1000 short.

I'm utterly confused and distressed. So I do hope any of you will help us clarify this so that we can think of the next steps to take.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Cherry

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Boydio's Avatar

Hi Cherry,

From what you have said, he should be fine.

37*11.9= £440 per week, which is an annual salary of nearly £23,000.

That being said, how long has he worked for them and how much has he ACTUALLY earned in the last six or twelve months? All the ECO will be looking for is how much is his total gross income, as stated on his payslips.

Good luck and don't worry too much about these things.

Member สมาชิก

Hi - brilliant post. I don't know if you meant to carry on with details about the Savings route through the July 2012 financial requirements, but at the end of the section on it (in red) you just stop abruptly with "and savings.." as if maybe you meant to go into detail but didn't ? I scanned the whole post and i don't think you mention the Savings element ? It could be crucial for many people, because the minimum income can be met by a combination of Income & Savings as you know. If i missed it, i apologise. (There will even be some people who can meet the requirement with savings alone.)

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Cherry, as a guide i would use the P60 as the the gross income per annum and from memory you include this with the application.

Mick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Rookie มือใหม่

Fantastic initial post and wonderful replies with lots of useful info... Thanks to everyone. I am using this post as an excellent template for my wife's application.

A couple of questions please :-

Firstly , as I said we are already married. I have searched through all the guidance and rules and it appears that the ONLY document we need translated to English (for visa purposes) is the marriage certificate. Can someone confirm this please?

- i.e. Birth certificate not required. house book not required.

And secondly, regarding Payment of the application fee, it appears that the initial government and Visa centre information is lacking on this subject. There is one suggestion that it is paid during the online application and a further suggestion that it is paid at the Visa application centre. I know I will know more when I get to the actual application stage but am trying to plan everything so that we get no surprises or hiccups. The key thing I would like to know is 'Can I pay for the application using MY credit/debit card in the UK?' or 'Do i need to transfer the money to my wife?'

Any help/advice appreciated

Loz

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Peejay1959's Avatar

Hi Loz. You pay for the visa using credit/debit card online when you have completed the application form, it won't let you book the appointment until you've paid.

Pete and Tia

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay1959 View Post
    Hi Loz. You pay for the visa using credit/debit card online when you have completed the application form, it won't let you book the appointment until you've paid.

Pete and Tia
    Thanks Pete, Can you just confirm that can be MY credit/debit card or must it be my wife's (i.e.. the applicants).

It can be anyone's credit card...as long as they get paid they are happy..Unless you happen to be a rich Tory and then you are free...

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    It can be anyone's credit card...as long as they get paid they are happy..Unless you happen to be a rich Tory and then you are free...
    Thanks Owen.... Gave me a welcome smile during this stressful time as well

Blog Entries

Just a quick thanks to all who have thanked me, etc... I don't get on here as often nowadays, but I am delighted so many have found it of use (albeit some of it is outdated now.

Thanks again.
    Kev (still happily married and settled in the UK)

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good to see you back Kev

Blog Entries

Hey Todd,

I still pop in from time to time.... catch up on a few bits (follow your blog) etc.

Coincidentally, we were in the same position as you, under the old rules, we obtained our extension of settlement visa, now Wanisa is into her 4th year here, she already passed the higher level English Exam, and has been studying for the LITUK.

3rd test (4th appointment - don't ask!) yesterday, and.............. she passed!!!

So we now are ready to move on to the next stage - convert to ILR/FLR and on to citizenship. I think I need some advice on what route we take, correct application for our situation (old rules - do they still apply etc) so I may drop Tobias a PM, unless he sees this post and responds.

But, nice to catch up again, and good luck with your good ladies test. It's not easy and I have the upmost respect for anyone who achieves it.

We found a female Thai tutor in the UK, who we paid for 11 x 1hr Skype sessions to go through the LITUK books and explain the over complicated questions and answers. It really helped and cost about £100. would gladly pass the info on but she is expecting a baby next month or so and isn't taking on anyone else at present.

One other tip that helped us.... get hold of the Thai / English version of the LITUK book, good cross referencing tool when it is just impossible to explain a question etc.

Regards
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster1953 View Post
    One other tip that helped us.... get hold of the Thai / English version of the LITUK book, good cross referencing tool when it is just impossible to explain a question etc.

Link here:

The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Thai and English (2nd Edition - 2014)
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Kev we already have the 2nd edition Thai version which she has been using, hasn't really touched the English official book. Been using a phone app to do practice tests. That's about it but we're knuckling down now.
    One thing I was considering, because she is struggling reading the English version is letting her continue to read the thai book and I will sit and read the English book to her, explaining as I go. I know she obviously has to sit and read the questions in English but she can listen to the audio donut may help if I dictate the book to her

Blog Entries

Hey Todd,

Not advocating this for everyone, but my wife said to me that "she didn't listen to the headphones on the last test as she found it confusing".

I am now going to start the ILR process, but as she originally came under the "Old Rules" I need to just make sure about what form (if there are different versions) and under what terms she needs to apply?

Undoubtedly and what ever, it will require the 6" thick supporting docs folder, so I'll start work on that ASAP

Regards
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster1953 View Post
    So we now are ready to move on to the next stage - convert to ILR/FLR and on to citizenship. I think I need some advice on what route we take, correct application for our situation (old rules - do they still apply etc) so I may drop Tobias a PM, unless he sees this post and responds.
    Congrats on the LIUK pass.

Can I ask that you don't PM Tobias but put your questions on the forum. That way everyone can benefit from the response(s).

I am now going to start the ILR process, but as she originally came under the "Old Rules" I need to just make sure about what form (if there are different versions) and under what terms she needs to apply?
    See here for the form. There is only one regardless of "old" or "new" rules.

Undoubtedly and what ever, it will require the 6" thick supporting docs folder, so I'll start work on that ASAP
    Sorry to disappoint you but no 6" folder required. Maybe only a 1" one

My advice to anyone, even if only just arrived in the country, would be to look at these forms straight away to determine what evidence/documents you will need to have. That way you can save all required as time goes by.
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks to all the posters for this valuable info.

I have one question before I apply for a settlement visa for my wife. My wife has a four years old with a Thai father who has never had anything to do with him (Bless him). what does my wife need to do or get to show " Sole Custody" or "Parental Power" sorry not sure of the wording, the father has agreed to go with her. I think this needs to be done before we can move forward.

Kind regards
    SawadeeCrap

Quote Originally Posted by SawadeeCrap View Post
    I have one question before
    Search in this forum for "Sole responsibility" and the "Por Khor 14" affirmation. A court order is trumps but there is more involved to obtain one. You will find here's a difference in opinions as to how much weight the PK14 carries with UKVI - however if mum and son live together that should be a strong case. I suspect UKVI will be very interested in how much the biological father has been involved in the child's life (in theory they would be obliged by Human Rights Law to give him a visa too to exercise his visitation rights if he asked), so be prepared to prove any way possible that he is permanently absent. The PK14 might help here if enough people swear on it that the dad is long gone. On the other hand in Thai law the PK14 is a moot point; if mother and father were never married, and he's not on the birth certificate, then the father has no legal claim on the child if he has been absent since day 1. The UKVI will most likely know this and might then regard your PK14 as "obtained only for the purpose of applying for a visa" - which would indeed be true in your case if you don't have one already. So it could go either way how much credibility it is given. Don't let me bring you down, these are only "pub philosophy" musings rather than expert advice. Good luck, I hope you sail through

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you Timbo, will search now.