Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Grahame's Avatar

Default Taxi BKK to Pattaya

I'm going to be in Pattaya 24 Sept to 4 Oct can anyone recommend a reliable cheap taxi from BKK airport? I can't speak Thai so some English would be helpful cheers.

Grahame there is another thread running about BKK taxi's (Daves son in law Bank is a good one)

colin 244

Thanks Colin will send him a text

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I have used Bank a few times and he is excellent value for money and 100% reliable.

Grahame, if Dave's son in law is not available you may wish to consider Mr T - a taxi firm based in Soi Diana, Pattaya so their drivers all know Pattaya very well and most can speak reasonable English. A driver from outside the area may not have that local knowledge. I have used them for every trip I've made over the past 5 years - call them the day you leave the UK with all the details. They pick up at BKK and go straight to wherever you need in Pattaya - I usually pay about 1,000B plus a tip. Try 66 38 720 318 or 081 258 7716 - We will still be in Pattaya the same time if you fancy a beer - Allan & Nuy

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Nat and I will be in Jomtien also from 22 sept to 29 Sept. Shall we have a meet up

Harvey a H, Handyman and Phetchy live nearby also can't speak for them but could get a crowd.

Banned

Hope you mean 23rd or have you forgotten something ?!

S

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

opps yes 23rd heheheh

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Harvey at home's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Grahame, if Dave's son in law is not available you may wish to consider Mr T - a taxi firm based in Soi Diana, Pattaya so their drivers all know Pattaya very well and most can speak reasonable English. A driver from outside the area may not have that local knowledge. I have used them for every trip I've made over the past 5 years - call them the day you leave the UK with all the details. They pick up at BKK and go straight to wherever you need in Pattaya - We will still be in Pattaya the same time if you fancy a beer - Allan & Nuy
    The reason that we generally use Bank apart from the fact that He is a really nice chap, an excellent safe an sensible driver who always drives within the limits was that there was always a contact with Dave who could iron out any problems or wrinkles that do happen especially when you are arranging things at long distance.

The other and for me the most important reason was that we knew his credentials and back ground and we were/are happy to have our loved ones picked up by someone who we knew we could trust 100%.

Living in Pattaya we are also aware that you can get a cheaper taxi then Bank especially if you deal with the firms who are running between Swampy and Pattaya but you do not know the driver and you are gambling on the character of any of the those itinerant drivers that answer to no one except the originator of their fare at the time.

Phetchy Phil and I have already offered to be a go between for Bank because of course our wives can actually speak to Bank in Thai.

For those who would want to use the services of Bank a known and trusted Taxi driver who has served many of us on here so very well in the last few years and also as a tribute to the departed Honourable member for Sattahip who, in the winter of his years of his life spent all his free time on the forum, organising and helping not only with the Bank Taxi service but in every area of the forum, Phil and I would be only too happy to be go betweens.

Just PM either me or Phil with your Taxi requirements
    Last edited by Harvey at home; 2nd Sep 2012 at 11:12.

Grahame, if Dave's son in law is not available

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Harvey at home's Avatar

Perhaps I could unconfuse you and also explain a little for my post Allan.

At Dave's funeral Phil and I arranged with Bank that we would act as intermediaries for him with any of those on the forum who still wanted to use his services.

In the weeks that have gone bye we have been remiss in not posting this arrangement, for some reason it sort of got forgotten and this thread and your post in particular reminded me at least of our obligation.

Having said that though, Generally we when we are comprehending a specifically personal service like a Taxi service we like to have a contact on that service whom we know.
    I use the word generally, loosely in this context and would be hesitant in recommending a service where we did not have specific knowledge of the driver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey at home View Post
    ... At Dave's funeral Phil and I arranged with Bank that we would act as intermediaries for him with any of those on the forum who still wanted to use his services ...
    Harvey (and all) I've started a new topic Bangkok Taxi offer for T-UK members [2012] which puts all the latest information in one place. Thanks Harvey and phetchy

Grahame - long time no see! Welcome back mate, I hope you are keeping well.

I can recommend Bank too, Jenny and I have used his services a number of times, great lad and highly reliable. I have no hesitation recommending him.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Thanks Alan, that's really helpful. Will definately be in touch about that beer!

Take care and all the best

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmbo60, definately up for a meet with you all, I'm staying in Jomtien so even better.

Will be in touch

All the best

- - - Updated - - -

Harvey at home,

Thanks for the offer of help, I sent a text to Bank on Saturday but as yet no reply... I will send you a PM, all assistance greatfully received.

Many thanks and all the best

- - - Updated - - -

Tobias,

Many thanks for that, as usual fellow Thai-uk members are here to help. Many thanks to you all!

I'm fine thank you, good to be back on board. Hopefully will be meeting up with a few of the members above whilst I'm there.

Take care and all the best