Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Spouse visa planning

Firstly I would like to say thank you to everybody here for all the invaluable information. I posted back in August re visit visa and everybody was very helpful and our application was successful
    My wife's visit visa expires on march 21 .We plan on going to see her family in Bkk early January and also her undertaking the English test as well as the tb medical .Also start the paperwork needed .We will then return together to the uk mid January (I've been told that we cannot apply for the spouse visa before the visit visa expires).
    We will fly Bkk again on 19 th march and submit the spouse visa application on the 22 nd march . I will have to fly back to the uk after submitting the application and wait for her return to the uk if the application is successful.
    Does this make sense to everybody or have I got it all wrong ?
    Thank you for your time.... .any advice welcome

I'm not aware of anything preventing your wife applying for a spouse settlement visa whislt she still has a valid visitors visa. Where does that come from?

Member สมาชิก

Thank you for your reply . I'm sure I read on the forum that we couldn't apply for one visa whilst another was still current.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

You cannot switch from A visit visa to a settlement visa whilst in the UK you must return home to apply, this is the only rule as far as I'm aware related to the 2. I don't think having another valid visa stops you for applying in another category.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bingobano View Post
    ... I don't think having another valid visa stops you for applying in another category.
    This is correct. Nothing preventing an application for a settlement visa in Thailand whilst the visitor visa is still valid.

What you will not be able to do is (1) apply in the UK for the visa or (2) visit the UK whilst the settlement visa is being considered - because the applicant's passport will be with the British Embassy.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Hi a bit off topic but I like to be aware of the various visa companies . "The great visa co bkk" that you used in July. Could you perhaps pm me a link to their website if they have one. Thanks.

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Member สมาชิก

Thank you for the info .. Glad I asked now !
    I've pm d you richardb
    Thanks
    Mbsk