Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Affirmation of Freedom to Marry

Hello Guys.. i hope someone read this message and can give me some advice or help. im originlly from Hungary but im living and working in Northern Ireland. I have a Thai girlfreind and we would like to get married in Thailand in this september. my girlfriend is notice me about the "AFFIRMATION OF FREEDOM TO MARRY" document. i never herad that before. can someone help me with some link or something like that where i can find more information? any help will be very appreciated..

It is a requirement under Thai law for all foreign nationals marrying in Thailand. Quite a simple process.

Plenty of posts here on the subject. Type Affirmation of Freedom to Marry in the forum search box.

Also, some guidance here:

https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-docu...ry-in-thailand

What passport(s) do you hold? In Thailand, you will need to go to the consulate/embassy of your passport in order to to get your affirmation witnessed and signed.

Regards
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for the reply. I'm holding a Hungarian European Union passport. So if I go to Thailand I don't need to apply for a visa because I can stay 30 days with a landingcard...

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I just checked the link what you sent but that site is for British people. Or do you think there is nothing deference between Hungarians and British the European Union? I mean we must follow the same law and any other things?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

As Paul said it is a THAI law. doesn't matter where you come from.
    Lucky

Yes, it applies to anyone. Same procedure as explained on the UK Embassy website except you need to get it countersigned by the Hungarian Embassy.

Browse their website to see if there is any information available on doing that. If not, give them a call:

http://www.mfa.gov.hu/kulkepviselet/TH/hu
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Member สมาชิก

Hello guys and thanks for a lot of information. Today i got sorted the application form for my affirmation of freedom to marry. i had to appostille it with a notary public. it was not really cheap but at least i got it. i sent my application to my embassy and it takes about 5 weeks to get the document in english. now i have to search up the Thai registrar in BKK and i need to ask him/her about the language of the document. hopefully the registrar can accept the english language and i dont need to get a translation. more 9 weeks until the start....

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Steven why are you getting the document in English the affirmation needs to be translated into Thai and approved by the MFA in Bkk.

Steven baan.
    When I did this many moons ago now........I got the paperwork done and witnessed at my local Consulate in Thailand.
    We later used a translation service to change this to Thai..........for a small fee they also whisked it off to Bangkok and got it processed there......all in all it took only 4-5 days.

You don't say where your intended lives In Thailand. If you let us know, maybe others here can advise how they sorted there's......from that Thai location.

Member สมาชิก

Hello guys.

Im already in Bangkok, the marriage is done. Everything is sorted except one thing. I got some advise how i can take with me to the UK my wife. i got a link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eu...family-permit/ but... i just downloaded and printed the application form. today we visited the uk visa office in Bangkok and i had a talk with a guy and he said i got a wrong form. he said my wife need to apply first on the http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ site and she have to make an online application. i dont understand now whats the craick. im really confused. can somebody help me what and how? i will really appreciate it if somebody have experience in the same situation...

Member สมาชิก

you will need to apply for a spouse settlement visa, not a eu family permit.

Member สมาชิก

can you tell me why? excuse me but everyone just tell me what i can read on the internet as well. no one can tell me real things or real experience. on the siam legal site i saw the spouse visa. on the uk boarder agency site i saw the eea family permit. because im hungarian and im in the schengen. so i think there are other rules. someone told me she have a right after marriage to come with me but no one can tell me where i must begin. just walls everywhere...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eu...family-permit/

you can read this...

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

i have 1 more question. someone can provide me a solicitor or lawyer who know about the visa staffs and any other things in the UK? i tried to google it but i didnt get any usefull information...

Blog Entries

Steven, your wife is entitled to a Family Permit for her to join you in the UK. There is no fee payable for this.

The initial application in Bangkok must be made on line, follow the links you posted above.

There is no need to instruct a solicitor and certainly avoid agents in Thailand. This is a very straightforward application.

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

thank you Tobias. but which one? the visa4uk? if i follow that there is a 55 pounds fee. only bu the uk homeoffice link no fee. can you help me wich one please?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

There is no application fee for an EEA family permit.

You should apply online at the link you already have.
    Lucky

Member สมาชิก

Thank you Lucky but i posted 2 different links.
    1 is the uk homeoffice site where is no online application option
    2 the visa4uk where is a £55 applictaion fee...

Blog Entries

Default Affirmation of Freedom to Marry

It is the visa4uk website. There is no application fee for an EU Family Member Residence Permit.

You'll see the fees here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...?langname=null

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

thank you Tobias. can you help me with a link where can i find more information about the documents what my wife need to provide? and i have 1 more question. after application she need to go for an interview, am i right? she need to prove her english as well?