Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  61
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Member สมาชิก

It typically takes 6-8 weeks if it's a straightforward application rather than 6 months.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

My wife's citizenship ceremony was on Tuesday in Warwick. It was a good crack and went down pretty much the same way as others on here have described.

We arrived slightly early and the waiting area was already full with the other people there for the citizenship ceremony. A lady took us through to another area where we met the ladies conducting the ceremony, who might I add were very friendly, welcoming and professional. They really make the new British citizens feel at ease on arrival. They explain what will happen during the ceremony and take you through to the room where the ceremony actually takes place (looked like the Warwick council meeting room to me). The wife had to sit in her designated seat, marked with a piece of paper with her name on, and I waited a couple of seats behind.

The ceremony then starts and only takes about 10 minutes. The woman conducting talks about British citizenship and that this is a special day for the applicants, and it really does feel like that. The group then speak the oath or affirmation, saying a line at a time after the 'conductor', followed by the pledge. One at a time each person is then presented their naturalisation certificate, to a nice round of applause , after which the national anthem plays (no singing is required I might add). Wifey said she got all emotional when the anthem played. And thats about it for the ceremony!

Then everyone retires back into the waiting area for tea/coffee and cake and a professional photographer takes snaps of you with the certificate in front of a 'British' backdrop (union jack etc) for a fee. Also the woman conducting the ceremony gives out information packs on applying for a British Passport.

I would say there were about 25 people there for the ceremony, from countries all over such as India, China, Hong Kong, Nepal, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Turkey, USA, Australia. There was also another girl from Thailand.

Overall a great experience and I'm glad my wife felt emotional and very proud, and so she should with all the tests and bs she's had to do to acheive this. So happy she has achieved citizenship, now just a British passport to apply for and it's mission accomplished! Will keep everyone updated as to how that goes also, regards waiting times, interview etc.

A massive thanks to everyone on this forum who has assisted with advice and opinions when I have needed it, too many to name individual but I hope you all know who you are. The first visit visa was back in 2008 and we havn't looked back. Cheers dudes, over and out for now

Great stuff Gavva. Glad to hear that the National Anthem touched her.

Passport interview is easy really, just fitting the face to the photo supplied and a couple of questions to confirm ID. Noks took all of 5 minutes (if that) once called. Interview on a Saturday in Brum and passport arrived the following Wednesday.

Good luck and tell the wife that now she is a true Brit she has to have a good old ruby to celebrate.
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Cheers Gary, thanks for that info.

It's funny you should say that, we went out for a family Ruby that night. I had the good 'ol tandori mixed grill

Gavva. The end of a long and winding road for you and your wife.
    Getting her a British passport is the easiest part you have had to deal with over the last few years.
    The interview is just to make sure you are who you say you are.
    My wife and stepdaughter got the passports by post 2 days after the interview.

Just like to say when my wife told her family in Thailand They said she had something that I would not get.
    Dual citizenship and a Thai passport.

I know from experience it's not easy but with a little work you can achieve it congratulations to your wife

Thanks Vulcan.

Reading through the passport application form and I'm not sure if my wife knows anyone suitable to be a countersigner. The professional chap we used for the citizenship application (an approved driving instructor) can't be used again for this as he doesn't have a British passport, which is a requirement for passport applications. Oh well, will have to think of somebody pronto.

What about the landlord at your local...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

OK reading the above it seems to take quite a before they extract your money, so if one applies for Citizenship in march, yet they don't take the money until after April (when the price goes up) will it be old or new price ??

Prikphet I should imagine the UKBA will charge you whatever the cost of the application is on the date it is initially received, so if you send it in March and it is received a few days later by the UKBA (still in March) then they should charge you the price before the April increase, regardless of whether they don't get round to looking at it until April, May, June etc. At least this is what I hope they would charge you....

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    OK reading the above it seems to take quite a before they extract your money, so if one applies for Citizenship in march, yet they don't take the money until after April (when the price goes up) will it be old or new price ??

They took our payment in 3 days ????????????
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    They took our payment in 3 days ????????????
    They didn't take my payment until approximately 8 weeks after application submitted