Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Which Air Line is Best

Flying out to BKK tomorrow as cheaply as possible Choices are Jet Air Air France KLM Sky trax reviews On Air France and KLM not so good Has anyone travelled with one of these Airlines in recently on Long Haul. Prompt reply appreciated as must book by this evening brian

Blog Entries

Jenny has flown on KLM to New York and Los Angeles a couple or so years ago. She had no complaints. Given the options you've mentioned, I'd go for KLM. Flying Jet Airways means a transfer at BOM (Mumbai) and that can be a right pain. You may also have to connect from BOM at another Euro airport.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

KLM are fine, I don't like Air France and have never flown with Jet!
    Lucky

I have flown with jet on many occasions. The only real issue for me is the long flight from BOM to BKK in a 737. It feels a bit cramped. Maybe that's just me but unless its cheap maybe go for KLM perhaps.
    Shame there are no Emirates flights from LGW as you are in Caterham

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

One think to watch for, the KLM flight may actually be with Air France. No experience myself but not heard any good reports re Air France Paris to Bangkok
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow MAN UNITED !!

Air France were okay when I used them a few years ago nothing special and the only complaint was that the checkin at BKK was a bit late opening on he return. Face facts economy sucks what ever the airline but a few drinks before and who actually cares
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Mumbai airport is a bit of a dump , its ok if your stopover is a couple of hours but i wouldnt want to be there more than about 3 max , personally i just spend the entire flight there and back watching movies so provided i dont experience anything really bad the flight is much the same whatever airline , the 2 most important factors are length of time MAN-BKK followed very closely by price. Saving £50 is not worth it if i have to spend 30 hours sat in some hell hole airport waiting for the connection.

Member สมาชิก

With what options you have klm

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ johnb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nigel&panada View Post
    Mumbai airport is a bit of a dump , its ok if your stopover is a couple of hours but i wouldnt want to be there more than about 3 max , personally i just spend the entire flight there and back watching movies so provided i dont experience anything really bad the flight is much the same whatever airline , the 2 most important factors are length of time MAN-BKK followed very closely by price. Saving £50 is not worth it if i have to spend 30 hours sat in some hell hole airport waiting for the connection.
    Exactly so! I have tried many different airlines and routes over the last 12 years. Nowadays we use British Airways. Why? Non-stop LHR-BKK. 23kg baggage plus hand luggage plus laptop. Since I retired and we can travel outside school holidays price is usually 600 quid. No boring stop-overs. Bees knees.
    nao faz mal means mai pen rai

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ andyn1066's Avatar

Any one flow with Malaysia Airlines recently? I am all booked to fly next March, £526, (30kg) with a 2 hour stop over in Kuala Lumpur. Be nice to try the A380

My wife and I came back with Malaysia air this last trip, very good service, good food and A380 great plane, maybe will use them this trip over, we had a one and a quarter hour stop over, it was a bit of a rush, but we were not booked through, so we had to recheck in but we still made it ok.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

How much? Eva are doing good deals.

Nick

Andyn I understand they are a great airline and the price is right ,would love to try them and Singapore but when you have to fly on from BKK 3 flights and then an hour and a half drive home is much to much. So it Thai for me. Going in 4 weeks £630 including internal flight. Have 30 kgs last time my luggage was 6 Kgs going but return ahhh 25 kgs what with garlic and chillies and all the other orders.
    Have a great time
    Melnathan

Late poster here squadie,

Who did you book and what price? a mate of mine goes shortly on China Southern around £445.00 but long stops.

colin 244

Flown Air France to South America , never got my frequent flyer points the service was fine though .
    Flown KLM quite a few times to North America also to Singapore once again service was ok .
    Never flown Jet
    bangkok mags