Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Thumbs up [Matrix Airfare Search] How to find the cheapest airfares - all airlines

This is a website I use regularly to find the best fares for a particular trip I am needing to take. As I have a high status with BA I restrict my searches to oneworld Alliance airlines.

The website is great for finding fares either for specific dates, or over a period of up to a month for any length of stay. Those who are in a specific airline alliance or prefer to fly with a specific airline from a specific airport can do that with accurate results. It will provide results from/to any commercial airport worldwide - particularly useful for those looking for the cheapest option to bring a partner/family member from BKK to any UK airport.

Once you have your results you are then able to filter them to find the best flights that suit your criteria.

You cannot book from the site, it merely checks the flights from the airlines, you then contact the airline direct (website/phone) or use your usual travel agent booking site.

The website only provides results for 'published' fares so any special 'bucket' fares will not be shown.

It's saved me thousands over the years - happy hunting!

Matrix Airfare Search
    Tobias - โทเบียส

This is a good search engine that compares in real time what the airlines direct price is and what the likes of netflights, opodo, and skyscanner etc are pricing at. All in one place but although I personally have compared and went directly, I am having doubts on what is genuine and what is inflated because of your location when searching.
    Without exception for a scheduled flight, the airlines direct has always been cheaper for me from Scotland.

http://www.google.co.uk/flights/

SINCE POSTING AND THEN HAVING A LOOK AT TOBIAS'S LINK, DISCOUNT GOOGLE SEARCH AS TOBIAS'S LINK IS 1ST CLASS
    Last edited by Tobias; 13th Sep 2013 at 13:03. Reason: Fixed BBCode on link
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.

Blog Entries

I never use those online travel booking sites or click-throughs as you are not necessarily getting the airlines' best fares for the dates in question. There is a commercial relationship between the advertiser and the search-engine.

With the ITA Matrix software there is no commercial relationship at all so the results are simply the lowest prices and routings available at the time of the search.

I should point out that many low cost airlines do not publish their fares and so they are not be shown in the Matrix results.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Just had a look with dept in November for 14 day stay and BA came in lowest at £598 with the next cheapest Thai at £940, a huge saving, prices include taxes etc.
    Double checking for a Thai discounted net fare there is one available for the same dates @ £634.00 so still a saving there.
    Last edited by Natty; 13th Sep 2013 at 13:49.

Premium Member

BA have a sale at the moment. You have to book before September 24th to get the £598 seats

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...FWOWtAodtVUAfg

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

That means the sprog's passport will be returned on September 25th...

I would just look every week and when you find something around the £550-£600 mark book it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    I'm ONE of the 52%

I always book my flights as soon as I can and it has been very rare over the last 10 years that I could have got it cheaper than when I booked.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Blog Entries

You cannot book using the Matrix, it shows you what fares are available and with which airline. You would book through a travel agent or with the airline direct.

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Blog Entries

Tell the airline the fare basis is OPE6MGB

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

[QUOTE=Tobias;237515]Tell the airline the fare basis is OPE6MGB

thanks tobias for this fare code , wasn't sure what to give airline when i call them

will let you know how i get on

thanks again

Banned

Refer, Post #2

Used this google web site. A phone call at 03.30am meant we needed 3 quick airfare tickets to BKK ASAP. Price £527 return per person with a combination of Swiss Air from our local airport to Zurich and using their Star Alliance partner, Thai Aitways to complete the outward journey starting at 08.40am the same day of that phone call on 12/12. With an official 1 hour 45 minutes transit time in Zurich (in fact we only had 55 minutes after circling Zurich airport before obtaining clearance to land) we arrived at BKK over 1 hour 25 minutes AHEAD of schedule at 05.29 am.

From UK to Thailand (with transit time in Zurich) was completed in 13 hours 20 minutes and within 19 hours of the original phone call at no excessive cost thanks to that quick web site search. We are returning on Boxing Day as otherwise the ticket price increases a lot.

The incoming flight to the UK was delayed and consequently our first flight was delayed by 40 minutes. In Zurich the runway visibility was about 70 yards maximum but the plane landed on auto pilot. Bloody fantastic. Same for take off, the visibility the same. Fantastic.

If your local airport has a Star Alliance partner then use them to pick up a good deal via their Europeam hub airport and then onward journey to BKK (or elsewhere).

Pity we had to wait 7 hours and 40 minutes at BKK for our onward domestic flight.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Re Fare Mule.
    Just seen on their website a price of 430.00 return flight from LHR to BKK.
    August 3-23 August. with Thai Airways. Made a quick call so that I could book the flight and the sales man said the price is now, 900.00 return. Because the price you see did not Include taxes and surcharges

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

ITA Matrix includes the taxes on the results it finds.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    ITA Matrix includes the taxes on the results it finds.
    So why can't this company say, the prices you see do not include airport charges /transfers nor taxes.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

So I just tried to do this with Lufthansa they didn't have a clue. Is it only certain Airlines and T/Agents, can you recommend anyone Tobias where I don't get the blank stare?

Blog Entries

What are you trying to do, prikphet?
    Tobias - โทเบียส