Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Thain cooking ingredients in South Wales.

Hi again. Does anybody know if there is a Thai/Oriental shop in south Wales, preferably in the Swansea area, where you can get stull like galangal or your slightly less common pastes etc.? I usually buy off the internet but I don't think that's a very cost effective way. I have found a couple of Oriental shops but I don't know how much Thai ingredients may be found in them. Thanks.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

When we're in Swansea visiting my family, Ning sometimes does some shopping at a small Chinese corner-shop on the corner of Oxford street and Beach Road, not far from Joe's Ice-cream shop.- Hung Cheong Stores. It's not a big shop but usually have most of the Thai veg and other sauces etc. she needs. Only problem is that it's hard to find a parking spot near to it.
    She also uses the larger Asian (Pakistani/Bangladeshi) stores nearby on St Helen's Road they have a good selection of Asian vegetables and sell Thai Jasmine rice at a reasonable price.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you Dylan. I've been to one not far from the railway station but that was a few years ago and it was mostly Chinese at least then. Do you or Ning know if you can get the Thai Basils (Sweet and Holy) and Thai egg-plants there? And one other ingredient.....galangal? Cheers.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Hi Makham
    Don't know if they'll have the basil etc as we've not been there in a while. They did last time we went. I think it's best to go there on a Sunday to find the fresh veg and herbs, as that's when their delivered from the airport.
    You could also try the Chinese stores in the Riverside area of Cardiff - across the bridge near the Millennium stadium and theirs a big Asian whole-seller in Cardiff,.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you very much.