Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Settlement visa straight away?

Hi,

Can anyone confirm with me the financial requirements to apply/get a settlement visa for my thai wife. She has not visited the UK before and I have been advised it is very hard to go for a settlement visa straight away-that it is safer to go for a tourist visa first..let her stay 6 months, go back and then apply for the settlement but we really don't want to do that if it is possible to go for the settlement straight away.

We have been together for 2 years now..

I have been employed in the UK for 8 months on £2500 after tax per mth. Prior to that I was living in Thailand. Do they require me to have been employed for at least a year? Also I have been told that they require 2 years worth of P60's. And equally worrying is the advice that my account should not have gone into overdraft regularly in that period..which it has..any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Boydio's Avatar

No, you should be fine. The guidance around her coming for a visit first is largely based around getting to know each other better and ensuring she would be happy here in the UK, but if you've been together for two years and lived together in Thailand, then at least half of that is a moot point.

In terms of income, you should be fine. £2,500 net is about £30k+ per year, gross. As far as I'm aware, going into overdraft now and again isn't an issue, you either meet the income criteria, or you don't. In terms of the mechanics, take a look at Frogster's guide.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you. The only problem with me being in Thailand for 2 years is apart from photos and some receipts-only flights we got with airasia-no rental receipts, I did not keep anything to show proof of us being together in that time. Since being back here for 8 months, we have some skype records and a few phone records but little else apart from stamps on my passport showing that I went back and forwards this year. Now I am back in the UK, I am dossing with a friend and registered as living at my parents..so as you can see there are some good points in our favour but many against..

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Doesn't sound like many negatives to me. I earn less than you basic, and had known my wife for less than one year and she got her settlement visa first time. Just get your parents to provide a letter saying they would welcome your wife to come and live with them/you...

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Matt, how long ago did you get the visa?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

To be honest I think you will get a settlement visa far easier than a visit visa. You meet the requirements for the settlement visa easily. If you go for the visit visa they will wonder at your motives and her likelihood to return!

Go for it, then get ready for the fun of her arriving in winter
    Lucky

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad you found the 'start new post' button and have, as I said you would, found some people who have done what you're about to do

The fact of the mater is, you are married, and you meet the financial requirements.

That by itself should be enough.

Added to that, you have been in a relationship with her for two years and you do have some evidence of that. It might not be a huge amount of evidence, but it does exist, right?

Keep doing your research, and I'm sure you will start to be able to get your application going until you reach the point where you will be ready to submit it.

It is a reasonably lengthy process, but with the help of the members here, I'm sure you will find out everything you need to know in order to be successful.

Best of luck,

Biff
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Member สมาชิก

Biff! How did you find me. I changed my name and everything

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

I used my cunning powers of deduction
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Member สมาชิก

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

She got her visa nearly a year ago mate, so since the new rules have been in place...